16volt help

I have those same boxes and I noticed its not easy to dial them in properly. Especially when your running multiple alts. What I do is set them separate by disconnecting the positive wire off the alt. Once I get one alt set where i want, I disconnect it and repeat with the next alt. Thats the best way i have found to get them set properly.

you have 1 regulator for each alt?

TEAM SUNDOWN HAWAIIHAWAIICARAUDIO.NET

150Db Club

160Db club in the future

I see krakin as a threat

Yeah 1 per alt

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

i was told the blue transpro regulators where good for up to 2 alts. can anyone else confirm this? or have any idea why their so hard to dial in correctly. this only seems to happen to the 16v stuff. i dial in the 12v batts very easily and never had a problem doing so in the past.

I hate the stock knob that comes with the regulator for this very reason.

Replaced mine with a 2 watt, 500 ohm 20 turn potentiometer. Sooooo much better

I'll also ask this: What gauge wire do you have going to your regulator? I've found that using too this of wire creates this weird runaway voltage effect. Swapped mine out for 8ga ofc and the problem went away

guys i have 3 alts one is set for the 12v car stuff. the other 2 alts is dedicated only for the 16v batt bank. the alts are all externally regulated. 1 blue box for the 12v alt and 1 blue box for the 2 16v alts.

I would say use separate regulators for 2-16 volt alts. And if i am correct, you should set them at an idle around 18.7v.

truthsayer

guys i have 3 alts one is set for the 12v car stuff. the other 2 alts is dedicated only for the 16v batt bank. the alts are all externally regulated. 1 blue box for the 12v alt and 1 blue box for the 2 16v alts.

I would say use separate regulators for 2-16 volt alts. And if i am correct, you should set them at an idle around 18.7v.

have you experienced this problem before? or are you just guessing? thanks

Turn your regulator up to whatever the problem voltage is. Measure your voltage from whatever your regulator is hooked up to, then measure the voltage at the regulator itself.

Where is your reg. Wired and where are you reading voltage?

Archived