Danny 05c Posted October 11, 2013 Report Posted October 11, 2013 I have an 05 300c factory nav with the ba8. For batterys I have a kinetik hc2400 and xs power d3100 with the stock 160a alt, the big 3 are done also. I have 4 sd-2 12's and i'm going to be running a hifonics zrx3000.1d I want to do a ported setup and thats where im having trouble. first of all what to tune it to? I love the low end but don't want to sacrifice the mid to high too much. I mainly listen to rap and ocassionly rock / bass cd's. The outer dimensions I have to work with are, width 31.5" height 14" - 16" depth 38". I can pick up a little more sq here and there but my problem is trying to figure out the port dimensions. I want a port with 0 common walls and the subs facing up. I've read that there should be 12 - 16 sq.in of port per sq.ft of the box and thats where my trouble is. I can get those numbers but my net is down around 6.5 - 7.0 cubes but I've also read that if your overpowering your subs the box should be on the smaller side? Any help would be greatly appriciated!!! Thank you, Danny.
Danny 05c Posted October 12, 2013 Author Report Posted October 12, 2013 HELLO?....ANYBODY HAVE SOME ADVICE?
slowfkncar Posted October 13, 2013 Report Posted October 13, 2013 Not to sure how you plan to mount 4 12" subs in a 31x38" area,but if you can figure it out then here is agood *edit (a good) starting point.You can get to 8cubes net with your dimentions,it will be before woofer displacement ,it won't be much port area but your specific subs won't need it. Punch the dimentions in a calculator and think through your design untill you figure out what works for you. L-38/W-31.5/H-16 <external L-16/W-7/H-14.5 < port
Danny 05c Posted October 14, 2013 Author Report Posted October 14, 2013 Thanks for your help, I redesigned my box to 38 x 38 x 14. I dont know if your familliar with the 300's trunks but towards the rear seats there is two humps so i came up 4" x 16" and the height ended up at 9 3/4". totalling in at 9.27cuft before port and sub displacement. My port is 14 x 7 "inside" x 21.5 @ 35hz but the only thing is in the torres calculator i put in 0 common walls and for the bottom of the port wall I had to use the bottom of the box. Is that going to be ok? I have 15 3/4" from the end of the port to the back wall. And you said that my subs don't need much port, how do you know that? I'm not questioning you I just want to know how to figure that out. How much port do i need?
n8ball2013 Posted October 14, 2013 Report Posted October 14, 2013 Well if you used an outside wall it isnt 0 common walls now is it. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
LoudBimmer Posted October 14, 2013 Report Posted October 14, 2013 you're not really overpowering them that much to have a really small box. 7 cf box with ~75sq of port should work out fine. As dar as tuning goes, 33-38hz should be good range.
slowfkncar Posted October 14, 2013 Report Posted October 14, 2013 # To calculate the minimum diameter of the basicallyrequired to prevent # port noises, you will also need to know the following: # # Xmax = maximum linear displacement (mm) # Dia = Effective diameter of driver (cm) # Np = number of ports # # Calculate the minimum port diameter from the following equations: # # Sd = pi * (Dia / 100)^2 / 4 # Vd = Sd * Xmax / 1000 # Dmin = 100 * (20.3 * pow ((Vd^2 / Fb), 0.25)) / sqrt (Np) # # where, # # Dmin = minimum port diameter (cm) # # Note: It is possible to use ports that have a smaller diameter than # that given by the equation above, especially if the ports are flared # at both ends. However, at higher volumes, you may notice some port # noise caused by the air rushing through the ports. # # The largest port diameter possible should be used to reduce # noise/hiss. I copy pasted the equation from a web site, basically you want your port area to stay within the woofers air displacement capabilities. And the sd2 vas parameter can be found on sundowns website.
Danny 05c Posted October 15, 2013 Author Report Posted October 15, 2013 hahahah...Slofkncar, I have no idea how to figure all of that out, shits chinese to me!! I Guess if you guys that responded can say that roughly 7cuft is ok and how much port per sqft I will need I should be ok to figure everything else out. And if N8ball2013 is right about the 0 common walls. When putting dimensions in torres should i make it 1 common wall?
john253a Posted October 15, 2013 Report Posted October 15, 2013 I get 80@30hz, 90@35 and 100@40 Allowing 12mm Xmas
Chance_P Posted October 15, 2013 Report Posted October 15, 2013 hahahah...Slofkncar, I have no idea how to figure all of that out, shits chinese to me!! I Guess if you guys that responded can say that roughly 7cuft is ok and how much port per sqft I will need I should be ok to figure everything else out. And if N8ball2013 is right about the 0 common walls. When putting dimensions in torres should i make it 1 common wall? Yes, if the bottom of the box is also the bottom port wall then you would enter a "1" as "# of common wall port" in torres.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.