voltage dropping to 12.25.

I have a MMATS 3000.1 in my 2001 eclipse. I dis the big 3 with knukoncepts (sp?) 0 ga. I have a XS power under the Hood and a xp2000 in the back. My voltage is dropping to 12.25. I know I need a HO already, and it's the next thing I'm buying. Will 12.25 damage anything? How much power am I loosing?

While that might not be the best voltage because you're strictly relying on battery, it won't damage anything, bad voltage occurs when you see 11's, 10's and below.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

deff need a bigger alt a second run of 0 will do next to nothing other then waste your money.It will just make it further rely on the batteries. Your voltage is pretty close to were it would be if the car was off. I cant imagine th stock alt on that car being more hen 90 amps which your amp itselfs will far exceed. Please dont banaid it it get an alt. by the way you wont hurt the car but you will eventually kill the stock alt.

I have stock 90amp alt and batt did the big 3 on a 05 t1000bd which has 150 amp fuse and mine drops to 10's it ain't hurting nothing beside the amp just running a little warm but the next thing I'm doing is 170 ho alt but $270 going to have to wait on that.

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

if your voltage drops low enough you could send your amp into protect mode. i dnt think 12.5 will damage anything but your batteries are getting discharged fast so my guess is not enough current. i.e. alternator not strong enough. you need a stronger alternator. but my suggestion is that when you do get another alternator you reset the gains on your amp. most amps push a higher wattage at a higher voltage. gotta make sure you don't overpower and blow out your subs.

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

if your voltage drops low enough you could send your amp into protect mode. i dnt think 12.5 will damage anything but your batteries are getting discharged fast so my guess is not enough current. i.e. alternator not strong enough. you need a stronger alternator. but my suggestion is that when you do get another alternator you reset the gains on your amp. most amps push a higher wattage at a higher voltage. gotta make sure you don't overpower and blow out your subs.

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

Agreed. That would normally be a smart thing to do, but in this case it won't matter cause I already have the gains WAY down as it is cause I have it on 2 Rockford p3's. It's too much power for this speakers, buy let me tell you, they're Doing ALL they're gonna do! Lol

Archived