Question - This has my brain itching. (sq)

Jessica

May just not have them in stock is why.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

you definitely do not need to run active. if you do make it to world finals take a listen to my car ... it is a simple 5.25 passive component set and single 8" subwoofer. my car had a 6.5" 3-way active set and how it sits now is better in any every way

i dont think you guys have the same definition for SQ...

and what would the "proper" definition of SQ be? this car has won plenty of sq competitions and is going to world finals .... i guess the SQ judges have it wrong also.

now I am curious what his definition of SQ is...

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

All i know is my CD is here and i am going to play with it tomorrow. But first i have to find out my voltage issue first. Dropping to high 13's with just the mids amps running, 11's with everything going. But that is a topic for another thread.... Short story, i will be checking connections and breaking out the DMM and doing some trouble shooting.

Did you get an RTA? If so can you link me to which one?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

hell no! those are like 50 kajillion monies.

Best bet for me and you is find good RTA software and a really good microphone, or a nice bundle pack and just run it on a laptop.

This day and age it totally blows my mind that 25+ year old technology is so expensive.

hell no! those are like 50 kajillion monies.

Best bet for me and you is find good RTA software and a really good microphone, or a nice bundle pack and just run it on a laptop.

This day and age it totally blows my mind that 25+ year old technology is so expensive.

Are these not what I should be looking at?

I know it's beat up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audio-Control-SA-3050A-V2-0-1-3-Octave-Real-Time-Spectrum-Analyzer-/121190883536?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c378a20d0

you are asking the wrong guy. I am a child of the 90's. I think i saw that exact model in a Car Audio and Elecrtonics magazine and it was in some SQ vehicle. but i honestly dont know

It's a product in a niche market. If it had more of a demand we would be able to pick them up under 300. That almost seems manageable. I know a lot of people are fans of ipods me included; but cd's sound better. If you are having trouble with your mids being a little shouty I would trim in between 1-5k. Just make sure to level match your tweeters first. It is possible to have one curve that will play everything well but you will make compromises. Most rap and hip hop isn't difficult as all. Instruments, multiple vocals, and imaging is difficult.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

I don't know what all music you guys listen to, but judging by the "waht are you currently listening to" thread, a lot of people here only listen to rap. I rarely listen to rap. I like Jazz, rock, country, blues. I have some stuff with Tony Bennet and KD lang doing duets, i have some fleetwood mac, eagles, Vince Gill, A7x.... You get the point.

So i guess the root question here is, i it possible to have one EQ curve and ect. that plays everything well, or is this just what i have to deal with?

I agree with out on music selection here ...

... and alot of people use multiple EQ settings for different applications ...

you definitely do not need to run active. if you do make it to world finals take a listen to my car ... it is a simple 5.25 passive component set and single 8" subwoofer. my car had a 6.5" 3-way active set and how it sits now is better in any every way

i dont think you guys have the same definition for SQ...
and what would the "proper" definition of SQ be? this car has won plenty of sq competitions and is going to world finals .... i guess the SQ judges have it wrong also.
now I am curious what his definition of SQ is...
Josh's car is a very simple setup ... similar to mine.

It has a 2 way passive 5.25" component set for the front stage (mids in stock locations and the tweeters are mounted on-axis on the dash) and a single 8" isoberic sub driver stage behind the rear seat (not much room in that tiny car) ... all powered by a pair of Linear Power 2150s ...

What else can I help you guys with on this ??

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived