What to get & Where to buy radials for the chevelle?

So I just noticed how bald my front tires are, I can even see a patch of the carcass, which I think is polyester, didn't seem like steel. But I could be completely wrong about all of that. I knew right away that I couldn't just drive over to just any old america's tire or firestone and ask for some classic T/A radials, but I figured I would call and ask, but of the 8 shops, none had any at the moment. Figured instead of rushing I'd see what the best procedure was from you guys.

Would it be better to order some online, then take them into a shop and have them put it on?

Or have them order some for me?

MOST IMPORTANTLY THOUGH; What should I go with?

I have Lemans SR's on there right now, the back ones are fine, but the fronts are totally gone, and from what I see online there's mixed reviews on them, as with anything car related. But is there a sort of "tire hierarchy" when it comes to classics? I'm looking more for durability / longevity over performance for sure, but it still has to hold in the rain of course. Is there a brand and style tire that will be better for that like firestone or uniroyals? I like the look of the Goodrich radials too, but whichever is best.

Edit: read the tires have polyester, steel, and nylon, so i guess I've only worn down to the poly chords.

The front tires are P235/60R15 98S (then following right after it said M+S so maybe that is why they wore down so bad? It's usually hot here, they're never seen rain or snow or mud, only hot asphalt)

The rears are P255/60R15 102S (also mud/snow, but the treads fine)

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Hey look at Dunlop makes a sweet tire.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

If your looking for that old school look go to Coker tire it's what they specialize in. some redlines would like nice on your car.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

So is it best to order them online and then take them into the closest shop?

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

Would 295/60R15 fit on the rear you think? I don't know what my wheel width is though?

I personally like the look of a slightly larger diameter and width tire on the back (especially width for the drag look), so I'm gonna stay with differing sizes for now. I think I might downsize a little maybe to 215 for the fronts, or leave it and only upsize the back. I'll have to check the clearance when I get home.

I missed Alan.

Does anyone know how I can tell if my wheels have a 7" or 8" width? They're standard chevy 15" rally wheels. From what I read most seem to say it's 7" but I just wanted to be sure. Have no clue if there's a way to tell without taking the tire off though?

I missed Alan.

Archived