hazestorm23 Posted October 15, 2013 Author Report Posted October 15, 2013 I just did a few quick searches. Most 12" subs will fit within 7 inches SQ SDC2.5 12" DC lvl2 and 3 Sundown SA 12 Fi X12 Thanks man I was trying to fit the sQ prototypes I won but it starts rubbing that side about half inch before it would sit flat
DubNDodge Posted October 15, 2013 Report Posted October 15, 2013 Thanks man I was trying to fit the sQ prototypes I won but it starts rubbing that side about half inch before it would sit flat Dang, another option is to make a mdf ring around where you mount the sub to. Find the diameter of the hole, trace that onto mdf, then trade 1" -1.5" around that circle. Once you cut it out just glue it to the box (assuming the box is bare). Then mount the sub to that ring. That is one method. Another, would be to shave down the back of the box where the sub magnet rubs somehow. If you are able to, I would just rebuild a box. Unless you are really at your max dimensions for a box. '01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log 2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said: Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.
hazestorm23 Posted October 15, 2013 Author Report Posted October 15, 2013 Thanks man I was trying to fit the sQ prototypes I won but it starts rubbing that side about half inch before it would sit flat Dang, another option is to make a mdf ring around where you mount the sub to. Find the diameter of the hole, trace that onto mdf, then trade 1" -1.5" around that circle. Once you cut it out just glue it to the box (assuming the box is bare). Then mount the sub to that ring. That is one method. Another, would be to shave down the back of the box where the sub magnet rubs somehow.If you are able to, I would just rebuild a box. Unless you are really at your max dimensions for a box. Yea I'm limited in a firebird to what kinda box I can make I have decided to sell those subs and probably buy the model sQ you suggested they should have no problem going in
DubNDodge Posted October 15, 2013 Report Posted October 15, 2013 Well just measure with a tape measure from the bottom of the magnet to where you mount the sub. If that is 6.5", then the other sub will give you issues too. Just make sure you look at mounting depth on any sub before you actually buy it. '01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log 2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said: Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.
hazestorm23 Posted October 15, 2013 Author Report Posted October 15, 2013 Well just measure with a tape measure from the bottom of the magnet to where you mount the sub. If that is 6.5", then the other sub will give you issues too. Just make sure you look at mounting depth on any sub before you actually buy it. I'll make where I do that thanks bro. And one quick ? At how many posts can you trade and sell?
justin0943 Posted October 15, 2013 Report Posted October 15, 2013 Sundown sd-2 for sure will fit your bill not sure if the 12" fits in .75 or not but its a shallow and pretty badass SD all day. I am beating the hell out of my SD-2 10 on decaf. in a sealed box. same here got 2 sd-2 10's on a 2005 t1000bd slamming the shit out of them with decaf with no problem 02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen 2 sundown sd-2 d4 soundstream rub1.2500 amp all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca flex tech box design by Joe X supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch 04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/
DubNDodge Posted October 15, 2013 Report Posted October 15, 2013 Well just measure with a tape measure from the bottom of the magnet to where you mount the sub. If that is 6.5", then the other sub will give you issues too. Just make sure you look at mounting depth on any sub before you actually buy it. I'll make where I do that thanks bro. And one quick ? At how many posts can you trade and sell? 750 to sell iirc. Not any limits on buying. But I do know a bunch of people want that yellow prototype lol. '01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log 2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said: Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.
hazestorm23 Posted October 15, 2013 Author Report Posted October 15, 2013 Well just measure with a tape measure from the bottom of the magnet to where you mount the sub. If that is 6.5", then the other sub will give you issues too. Just make sure you look at mounting depth on any sub before you actually buy it.I'll make where I do that thanks bro. And one quick ? At how many posts can you trade and sell? 750 to sell iirc. Not any limits on buying. But I do know a bunch of people want that yellow prototype lol. Yea lol I'll probably post for trade
DubNDodge Posted October 15, 2013 Report Posted October 15, 2013 You can't, still considered selling I believe. Will have to go to FB classifieds for car audio or something '01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log 2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said: Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.