finkster Posted October 15, 2013 Report Posted October 15, 2013 Holy shit man that's going to be over 1400 amps of draw. That's 4x the capacity of your alt. Even with 7 batts, all of those need to stay charged somehow. Kyle meant to be careful about hurting that alt. It's already going to be working like a slave, and idle voltage isn't that great so it will have to work even harder at idle. Don't push it too hard at idle. DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active Eclipse cd7000 I serve drunks for a living
CLPeller Posted October 15, 2013 Author Report Posted October 15, 2013 Thanks for the explanation Graham and Finkster! So, maybe a second alt will be on the way sooner than next spring, aka, I'll be contacting excessive to have him order another case tonight. Does CJ18 make custom brackets himself? Who else could I go to to have one made? 8 runs CCA to the back it will be. As far as battery bank, I'll see if I can figure out a way to do a double stack of batteries, which would give me 14. As far as wiring runs to the back, do I take 4 off the front battery, and 4 off the alt to go to the back? To how should I wire it? Any links to builds with good explanations are appreciated. I want to make sure I do this right, so I don't underpower anything. Should I be running 2 voltmeters? I'll be using D'amore voltmeters (vm-1?) one off the bank, and if another one, where? Check out my build! 4 sets CT Sounds Meso components in custom fiberglass doors, 4 D'amore Engineering AF-15's on a DC Audio 3.5K http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/187649-2011-f150-fiberglass-doors-half-wall-16000-w/
CLPeller Posted October 15, 2013 Author Report Posted October 15, 2013 CJ18 can not build me an alt bracket. Next suggestion? Check out my build! 4 sets CT Sounds Meso components in custom fiberglass doors, 4 D'amore Engineering AF-15's on a DC Audio 3.5K http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/187649-2011-f150-fiberglass-doors-half-wall-16000-w/
graham0599 Posted October 16, 2013 Report Posted October 16, 2013 Thanks for the explanation Graham and Finkster! So, maybe a second alt will be on the way sooner than next spring, aka, I'll be contacting excessive to have him order another case tonight. Does CJ18 make custom brackets himself? Who else could I go to to have one made? 8 runs CCA to the back it will be. As far as battery bank, I'll see if I can figure out a way to do a double stack of batteries, which would give me 14. As far as wiring runs to the back, do I take 4 off the front battery, and 4 off the alt to go to the back? To how should I wire it? Any links to builds with good explanations are appreciated. I want to make sure I do this right, so I don't underpower anything. Should I be running 2 voltmeters? I'll be using D'amore voltmeters (vm-1?) one off the bank, and if another one, where? You can try different configurations. I'd start with 3 runs front batt to bank, 3 runs alt to bank, 2 runs front - to bank -. Idk who else makes brackets. Also, you don't have to use 2 vm's but if you do, one on the bank and one at the amp. My 350z build- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174424-2008-350z-build/page-2?hl=%2B350z+%2Bbuild#entry2605678
CLPeller Posted October 16, 2013 Author Report Posted October 16, 2013 Haha. You kind of answered a question I was about to ask. Which was, do I need to have any runs from my battery ground to the back? I figured I could just ground my bank to to the frame, but I guess I'll be making a few ground runs as well. As far as vm's, I'll most likely just run one then. That will leave me room for a switch bank beside it Check out my build! 4 sets CT Sounds Meso components in custom fiberglass doors, 4 D'amore Engineering AF-15's on a DC Audio 3.5K http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/187649-2011-f150-fiberglass-doors-half-wall-16000-w/
Kyblack76 Posted October 16, 2013 Report Posted October 16, 2013 couple runs, big bank as possible,... wang it and watch the voltage. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
CLPeller Posted October 16, 2013 Author Report Posted October 16, 2013 couple runs, big bank as possible,... wang it and watch the voltage. Wow... Are your other 10,613 posts equally as useless as this one? Check out my build! 4 sets CT Sounds Meso components in custom fiberglass doors, 4 D'amore Engineering AF-15's on a DC Audio 3.5K http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/187649-2011-f150-fiberglass-doors-half-wall-16000-w/
Kyblack76 Posted October 16, 2013 Report Posted October 16, 2013 Ohhhhh k. Good luck. Welcome to the forum. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
CNF Kevosinn Posted October 16, 2013 Report Posted October 16, 2013 Ohhhhh k. Good luck. Welcome to the forum. yea what an asshole! hehe *** SuperSeller Status Verified *** ( http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers/ ) "kevosinn's" astro van 8 custom Sundown Zv4 18's 4 Sundown scv 6000's CNF Distribution CNC parts Skyhigh wire some batteries SMD Meters and tools used on the installhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172877-kevosinns-vanwest-coast-skyhigh-car-audio-vehicle/ 16,000 watt walled silverado build.http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161965-walled-silverado-4-hdc4-15s-4-crescendo-3500s-and-much-more/ 8,000 watt 1999 Subaru legacy outback. Build log here: http://www.stevemead...ru/page__st__60TEAM CNF Distribution
CLPeller Posted October 18, 2013 Author Report Posted October 18, 2013 Ok, so I've talked with a couple other people and I think this is how I'm going to do it. 9 or 10 batteries in the bank (most I can fit atm) 4 runs ( both +/-) from front battery to bank. Using toolmaker top post distro blocks 4 runs (+) from alt to bank 4 runs (-) from bank to frame If I can find a dual alt bracket it will be on the way as fast as I can get it, along with a second alt obviously. But for now I'll have to live with one. Anybody manage to come up with someone I could talk to about getting that bracket made? Check out my build! 4 sets CT Sounds Meso components in custom fiberglass doors, 4 D'amore Engineering AF-15's on a DC Audio 3.5K http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/187649-2011-f150-fiberglass-doors-half-wall-16000-w/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.