Buss bars vs. wire runs

the only problem with buss bars is the power isn't pulled from each cell in your bank evenly. For instance, if you are doing 4 batteries (all same make & model ) the battery the one closest to your amp draws near 40% and the batt furthest from the amp will be delivering below 20%. there are two known ways to that I know of and one is using the same lenth, gauge, brand, strand count, length wires and do it just like posted

the only problem with buss bars is the power isn't pulled from each cell in your bank evenly. For instance, if you are doing 4 batteries (all same make & model ) the battery the one closest to your amp draws near 40% and the batt furthest from the amp will be delivering below 20%. there are two known ways to that I know of and one is using the same lenth, gauge, brand, strand count, length wires and do it just like posted

Stop spreading misinformation. Current draw is divided across the batteries the same way capacitance is combined.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

I've never heard of this before but I'm willing to listen. Why and how exactly does it work like that?

And regardless of this info^, I have 3 power wires coming out of my 9k so I was already probably going to distribute them to every other battery post just so I don't have one bolt that's ridiculously tall compared to the others. These Sky High 1/0 lugs are HUGE lol. And in the future I was probably going to grab some dual inputs and run the 3 other powers to the other 3 battery posts.

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

The Lowe's near me had 1/2" thick aluminum stock in 4 ft lengths for $12 each. I just drilled for each battery post and used those places to connect wires. It worked great!

That actually seems like it'd be way cheaper haha. Appreciate the help!

Haha yeah I was pretty surprised when I saw them there for that price. Way cheaper and easier than I thought it would be. Good luck man!

Team NorthWestSPL

The only way that is an issue is if you connect all your batteries in a bank and then have your amp leads come from one end of the bank. If you do your leads close to the batteries and have an even amount of runs close to the batteries its a non issue. So for instance

I have 6 batteries. I have 6 runs of 1/0 to the amps. If I do one run of 1/0 off each battery what he described is a non issue. It is not a drawback of buss bars its a design flaw on behalf of the person who designed it.

Now say you have 6 batteries and all your runs to amps are done from the center of your buss bars between the 3 and 4 battery you will stress the 3 and 4 battery. more. How true is this? Dunno. It seems logical. I've seen singer explain it this way and i'll go out on a limb and say he knows more about it than me.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Now say you have 6 batteries and all your runs to amps are done from the center of your buss bars between the 3 and 4 battery you will stress the 3 and 4 battery. more. How true is this? Dunno. It seems logical. I've seen singer explain it this way and i'll go out on a limb and say he knows more about it than me.

I'm kind of in the same situatoin as the OP - I need to make my buss bars soon for 4 D3100s. I'd love to hear some more information about buss bars not pulling currently evenly from all the batteries. Could someone shed some more light on this?

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

Like N8 was saying, it sort of makes some sense logically. Yes, they are all connected, but all of those wires from the amp are connected at that one point on battery 3 for example. In the instantaneous second that the bass hits, current is immediately drawn from the battery through those wires. However, they're all at the same exact point.

I feel like it has to do more with the instant that the current is drawn and that once it's drawn if it's a constant sort of draw instead of rapid short draws (in the sense of a constant sine wave vs. kick pedals) then it won't matter as much. But it's all being concentrated on that one spot when it first hits. I don't know for sure if that's how it actually works or not, that's just how I would rationalize it if it did.

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

Ok let's look at it this way: Here is a setup of 4 D3100s showing the positive buss bar and the positive runs to the amps. It would make a difference if the runs from the bar to the amp were placed like this? (with the negative runs in the same place accordingly)

kmqhuEj.png

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

Archived