Sonic Electronix

can underpowering speaker cause distortion?

nah nothings cheap its a 500 dollar double din kenwood HU and all nvx wiring from sonic electronix

and to the guy who said its in different car, actually we both have the same car xD

Your question was can underpowering speakers cause distortion? The answer is: No

You have one install in a different environment with different factors. Do you both have exactly the same HU, exactly the same wiring, exactly the same ground locations, exactly the same wiring harness or adapters? There are surely differences. Was the set of speakers bought at the same time and same locations(ie the same batch of speakers)?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

as for wiring and installation they are identical. i bought all that at the same time and wired his the same way i did mine cuz it was the easiest way since i already knew how to do that.

yes we do have the same HU too, same model and year but he bought his roughly a year after me. so that may be a big factor as well as the fact that the speakers arent from the same batch i bought mine online he bought his in a best buy.

nah nothings cheap its a 500 dollar double din kenwood HU and all nvx wiring from sonic electronix

and to the guy who said its in different car, actually we both have the same car xD

Your question was can underpowering speakers cause distortion? The answer is: No

You have one install in a different environment with different factors. Do you both have exactly the same HU, exactly the same wiring, exactly the same ground locations, exactly the same wiring harness or adapters? There are surely differences. Was the set of speakers bought at the same time and same locations(ie the same batch of speakers)?

You don't think? I mean, if the HU is only pushing out 25-50x4 watts max (gueasstimate), and the speakers can take 100rms each, then they are not getting anywhere near enough power. I would think that would indeed cause distortion.

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once

JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

You don't think? I mean, if the HU is only pushing out 25-50x4 watts max (gueasstimate), and the speakers can take 100rms each, then they are not getting anywhere near enough power. I would think that would indeed cause distortion.

the HU is actually rated at 18w rms at sonic the manual says 25 but i doubt that lol

but this may help a little they are alpine speakers i cant remember the exact model

Get a little 200 watt amp and I bet it will solve your problems.

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once

JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

Under powering a speaker will absolutely not cause distortion, nor will it blow your speakers.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

If under powering speakers caused distortion, then our systems would all sound distorted unless we were listening to them full tilt all the time.

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

You do not get the dynamics off a head unit as a amplifier has.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12