Gamestop- game protection/Insurance GTAV?

Long story short my game is ruined..

Just like this below (not my pic). Simple accident and xbox got bumped a little while on my dresser.

xbox-ring-discs-web.jpg

I got the game from target, so I will try to get them to exchange me for a new copy. I have about 3 targets close by so I will try them all and hopefully someone will just do the transaction.

If not Im wondering if anyone bought the game on 360 and paid for the insurance from gamestop? I hear they replace the game free of charge, not sure if they replace it or not with the obvious xbox drive scratch though. If I can't get target to exchange anyone willing to use their gamestop recepit and exhange a new copy for me?(if you payed for the insurance) Will paypal ya $20 or cash if you are local, if not I will paypal + cover shipping charges back to me.

I have a 4gb version of the newer xbox design. Last resort may be to buy a HDD and install it into the system and try using my brothers play disc to install it on the HDD. So play disc on HDD, install usb plugged in and hopefully I can put the disc in just so the xbox I knows I acually have the game and it will run. I was planning on installing a larger HDD anyways so its not exactly a issue. However I rather have a playable disc.

The install disc is on a USB, and I been running the play disc in the drive, but now the game just freezes at loading screen with the scratched play disc.

targfet wont do anything.. game stop in canada aka *eb games* when i worked there would replace the game npo :D its the maiin reason i always sold warrenty to xbox users is because that problem is sooo bad!

I'm 25

Might I add this is my first Xbox I literally just bought it like last week. I have been playing and using my PS3 all these past years. And all of my games do not have a single scratch on them. Still got original copy of GtaIV from release date with not a smudge on it for ps3

Then I get a damn xbox lol and fuck my game up, shit happens I guess. I never knew the Xbox did this until now and I googled it. I bought the newer Xbox that's looks kinda like the Xbox One. Funny how Microsoft knows of the issue but is too cheap to fix the flaw with the system. They can give it a new casing but not fix the drive. What's the purpose of the rubber feet on one side if I can't sit it vertically(like how I keep my ps3)

I know and see the huge scratch in your disc my old xbox 360 used to do that. It goes all the way around the disc and looks almost like its supposed to be there.

And yes, if you have the gamestop disc insurance they will replace it no problem, over and over if need be.

is the xbox standing vertical?

that is also a problem it scratches more then.

and i know that you can better make a copy of your original game copys load so much better and not a single scratch with verbatim discs.

what i did to my xbox drive is cut the rubbers where de disc spins on a little smaller.

Archived