Nvidia GTX 780 Ti

Nvidia price drops have never been to much, mostly like $10 if your lucky, judging from past drops every time a new card is released.

But if the gtx780ti will be a better card then the Titan that price will probably still hold high on the titans until stock is depleted.

Spec and performance wise theres not much room for a better card then the 780 but not good enough to be a titan since those cards are so damn close on benchmarks (real world and synthetic), and the titan is still pushing 3gb more memory which currently isnt doing much for the card except in synthetic benchmarks.

I mean hell the gtx690 is still pushing a grand, and that price wont drop until there is a gtx790.

Like I said Nvidia is milking the system big time since amd has never really had a comparable top dog card (until the r9290x if rumors hold true)

So anyway I see it, all those cards need to be reduced in price by a bit, or even a lot if the ti will be faster then a titan, and I just dont see it happening from past nvidia releases.

Emmet are those titans or 780s, either way a lot of money..

This is on ebay.

$%28KGrHqUOKpYFJJQ1rC-HBSVwd5Bpkw~~60_57

$T2eC16RHJH0FG00Ze-O%28BSVweJEcnw~~60_57

$%28KGrHqRHJDgFJRpTF5htBSVwdzDWWQ~~60_57

$T2eC16RHJGMFFpsrEn%28jBSVwe!nrDg~~60_57

$T2eC16dHJGwFFZKjy5ZjBSVweFBd5Q~~60_57.J

Not said why he is selling, your not getting anything better then a gtx titan, let alone 4 of them in 4way sli..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Evga-GTX-TITAN-Superclocked-Edition-with-XSPC-Full-Cover-WB-and-Back-Plate-/281186727754?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item417808f74a

Apparently at Nvidias conference today, launch price for the 780ti is $699

So how does it compare?

Well hardware wise its a 780 with a slower clock speed and possibly more cuda cores......

Like I said marketing gimmick to sell more cards due to AMDs release, when all they got to do is make the 780 price competitive and they would be fine.

So heres some screen shots, so far everything this site has said with the 290X has been on par, which disappoints me for both nvidia and amd. Lol

These are reference cards, not overclocked, just stock cards, usually the oced cards and non references are a tad better, but even still.... meh

GTX-780

780_zps193aab68.png

GTX-780TI

780ti_zps75abcebe.png

GTX-TITAN

titan_zps63995f63.png

GTX-790

790_zpsa3aa6ca9.png

Any current game, especially heavily modded Crysis. The new BattleField 4 coming out is very demanding. If gta5 for pc will be anything like gta4 it will be another system crusher, assassins creed, Elder Scroll, just to name a few big titles.

The thing with PC games is each new game gets more and more demanding then the last since the PC hardware is constantly getting faster and better, the games are coming to make those new pc parts stress.

In the end your games look like a damn movie or close to it. When you look at a console game, it could be a brand new game, but graphic quality wise your gta5 is going to look like gta4 or even gta3 since those games where all released for the same system and that system hardware never changed, so things need to be scaled back. Sure sometimes they find better ways to compress higher quality images or whatever but it dont do it justice.

you stretched that a bit.....quite a bit.

but there is a difference, mainly in frame rates, and "crispiness" at distances, water reflections, etc. All the little things do make any game more immersive on PC, but saying GTA 5 looks like 4 going from pc to console is a huge stretch, gta 4 to 3 an even bigger one.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

actually from what ive been reading there talking about a 10-15% price cut. if this cared is 699$ then its matched perfectly price point for the 290x . The 290x is rumored to be around 700$ itself by several news sources. This being one in the link below

http://www.techpowerup.com/191909/radeon-r9-290x-priced-at-729-99-on-newegg-com.html

So the Nvidia 780TI price still seems to be set at $650.

AMD RD290X price is now out, as well as benchmarks of the card against the 780 and Titan, as well as the 290X in crossfire vs a pair of 780s in SLI.

The 290X appears to be walking over the 780 (even in games optimized for nvidia), and tops the Titan on some tests too.

The 290X price is also released and pre orders are open. Priced at $619 Canadian, which comes to $598 US.

Kind of makes me want the 290X again, but still wanting to stick with Nvidia... ugh

edit for pricing and test results

http://www.ncix.ca/products/?sku=91477&vpn=21226-00&manufacture=SAPPHIRE

im actually kinda shocked that it only needs 500w. I figured it be around the 600-650 watt range on power demend.

i wonder how well the card scales when OC'd

I dont know if this will be a breaking point for alot of nvidia fans to switch over.. it has perked my intreset tho.

my EVGA SLI 580's are still serving me well but i would like to step up to the 700 series card sometime

My build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143943-2001-mustang-gt-system-rebuild-box-build-pics-updated-61512/

2001 Ford Mustang GT

4.6 SOHC 380HP

270 amp Mechman alt

2 12" Treo SSX custom built.

6.47 cu ft, tuned to 32Hz

2 hifonics Brutus 2400.1, strapped

1 optima yellow top

1 Kinetic HC1800

14.4v @ 29Hz, 2k RPM

over 100ft 1/0 XS flex wire

Big 3 in 1/0

100sq ft fatmat deadener

145.3 on music, 142.6 sealed on music

Stop being a pussy and wall it off.

I hate when my google breaks too

I think the usps must be ran by a bunch of drunk ass oriental midget monkey's on methamphetamines.

From everything I've seen the R9 290X beats both GTX 780 and Titan at stock speeds in most games. The shitty thing is that cooler AMD built. The card ramps up to 95C and the fan is loud as shit. And don't even consider overclocking the thing unless you don't mind a jet turbine next to your desk.

GTX 780 and Titan seem to take the lead back once you overclock. The R9 290X doesn't have much OC headroom. The chip is already pushed pretty far at stock so there's not much to gain, even if you're able to put up with the noise or put waterblocks on the cards. Hopefully in the next few weeks we get more comprehensive reviews of the OC performance and see what it does in the hands of users.

Hopefully AMD doesn't hold back aftermarket cooler designs for much longer. The biggest detriments to the card are the power consumption and the absurd noise levels. Once we get some better non-reference coolers that can handle the heat we will get a better idea of how R9 290X performs in the long run.

It is a great card for $550 though. I've been extremely happy with my 780's and don't think I'll be selling them to go over to Team Red but I'm definitely glad AMD at least has something that can compete with Nvidia's high-end offerings. The lack of competition was the reason Nvidia could sell Titan for $1000 and 780 for $650. And unfortunately for people like me and many others we had to pay those prices to get that level of performance.

Can't wait to see what 780 Ti turns out to be and Nvidia's GTX 800-series Maxwell cards should be arriving in the spring so we'll see if the bar gets raised even higher.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Nvidia takes a Axe to their prices for the GTX 780's/770's

In a move that's not wholly surprising given AMD's Radeon R9 290X launch last week and serving as a tacit understanding that its comparable GPUs do not currently offer as much value for money, Nvidia has just announced it is delivering much-anticipated price cuts to the GeForce GTX 780 and GTX 770 GPUs. The cuts are due to be active by 1pm tomorrow.

Quoting prices in US dollars, the GTX 780 will drop from $649 to $499 and the GTX 770 from $399 to $329. Given that both GPUs have near-perfect exchange-rate correlation presently, one would expect the cheapest boards from each family to drop to £375 and £250, respectively, though it's likely both will be a touch more expensive as retailers try to increase margin.

Such a move puts the GTX 780 below the AMD Radeon R9 290X, and the GTX 770 very much in the financial crosshairs of the Radeon R9 280X. Nvidia believes it will offer still more value because the GTX 780/770, if purchased from authorised retailers, are bundled with redeemable codes for the following triple-A games, Batman: Arkham Origins, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

And adding further spice to this announcement, Nvidia has revealed November 7 as the launch and general availability date for the GeForce GTX 780 Ti. We're still waiting on specifications, but we do now know that it will cost $699 (£550?) in reference form.

What do you think? Has Nvidia done enough to quieten the ever-increasing Radeon threat? Will the upcoming R9 290 (non-X) further upset the status quo? Do let us know your thoughts in the comments facility below.

Update

It seems as if enthusiastic etailers have already jumped the gun. For example, partner-overclocked GTX 780s are now available for £399.99 and also-overclocked GTX 770s £239.72, both from Scan.co.uk.

Source: http://hexus.net/tech/news/graphics/61677-nvidia-takes-axe-geforce-gtx-780-gtx-770-pricing/

Think come this febuary, i'll be stepping up to the 780

My build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143943-2001-mustang-gt-system-rebuild-box-build-pics-updated-61512/

2001 Ford Mustang GT

4.6 SOHC 380HP

270 amp Mechman alt

2 12" Treo SSX custom built.

6.47 cu ft, tuned to 32Hz

2 hifonics Brutus 2400.1, strapped

1 optima yellow top

1 Kinetic HC1800

14.4v @ 29Hz, 2k RPM

over 100ft 1/0 XS flex wire

Big 3 in 1/0

100sq ft fatmat deadener

145.3 on music, 142.6 sealed on music

Stop being a pussy and wall it off.

I hate when my google breaks too

I think the usps must be ran by a bunch of drunk ass oriental midget monkey's on methamphetamines.

Archived