XS power battery help

Im looking to purchase a new battery due to mine being very old and has most likely lost its juice. My battery has died on me around 20-30 times in the past 2 years. I'm running a bb2400at 1ohm with 0 gauge wire and a sundown x 15.

Would this due me good? Or am I looking at a more powerful one? I'm trying to keep it on the low price side. 300 is pushing it. I can do 200.

Also this is going in a 1999 f150 5.4 v8 with a stock alt. was gonna do a big 3 upgrade before I put in the battery.

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/xs-power-d1200-12v-agm-battery-max-amps-2600a-3000w.html

Also I got a question on buying a new amp and using it on my current electrical. Except for having the big 3 and atleast a new battery. Would hooking a brand new sub amp to my system hurt the amp with the electrical I have? Or will the amp just not get the full power and be fine? I have a dd1 so my gains would be set of course.

Typically you'd want the largest starting battery you can fit. You don't get "full" power out of your main battery, youd also need a reserve in the rear. This one could be smaller. If you could, try finding a dealer to save a little more. Jon carries Xs Power over at Sky High Car Audio.

-- Just ran your truck, your recommended a D3400, but can get away with a D3100. I'd use the 1200 as a reserve battery in combination with one of the 2 for full benefits.

Thanks for the input bud. If I was to get 2 battery's. I'd probably have to get them locally. Shipping to alaska is a little insane for. Best battery's I can think of that I can buy around here are optimas. Not really sure if those would cut it for me. I could pretty much get 2 optimas or 1 xs power. Shipping on that battery is almost $100

The battery +big 3 in 1/0 is a good place to start. Really I would put something bigger than a 1200 though. Get a good AGM battery charger too because you will want to top off your battery a couple of times per week until you get a H.O. alt.

Big 3 will help you stock alt to do all it can, it wont allow your stock alt to produce more amps that it can produce though. This is likely why you other battery went bad.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

If I'm cursing around bumping then turn truck off and if I was to leave my dome light on for maybe 5-10 minutes my truck won't start. In the winter it has some trouble being in Alaska. If I don't plug my truck in at night and try to start it my battery will be dead on just a few try's on turning over

Also I got a question on buying a new amp and using it on my current electrical. Except for having the big 3 and atleast a new battery. Would hooking a brand new sub amp to my system hurt the amp with the electrical I have? Or will the amp just not get the full power and be fine? I have a dd1 so my gains would be set of course.

I didn't look up your amp, but check out this wattage guide here on the forum. Many times you don't need as much battery as some will lead you to believe.

Archived