lion Posted October 20, 2013 Report Posted October 20, 2013 I have three 12" rockford T12D4 subs and one rockford T40001BD amp. I'm trying to install it in my 2006 Toyota Tacoma X-runner. I'm trying to get the most bass as possible and according to the manual, it says two boxes can be used... size 1.75 cubic feet and 2.25 cubic feet.I'm thinking I can get deeper bass from the bigger box so that's what I'm planning on getting but my question is...Is it better to get 3 separate boxes made for each speaker or 1 box for all three speakers. Is there a difference? And if one box for all three speakers, what's the best size box and port?
CleanSierra Posted October 20, 2013 Report Posted October 20, 2013 You DON'T want to do that man. You'll get response that is just fine by doing all subs in a common chamber ported box. People get this misconception that they do a certain box to hit the lows and another for higher stuff. This is not needed. I'm not fully awake yet, but I heavily advise against trying what you're thinking. I will help, others may chime in. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
CleanSierra Posted October 20, 2013 Report Posted October 20, 2013 Welcome to the forum by the way. I hope you like it here You have some awesome gear so far. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
hazestorm23 Posted October 20, 2013 Report Posted October 20, 2013 Do you mean the t1d412 subs right? if so it says the maximum ported enclosure type is 1.75 per sub now account all 3 and go from there . And I would go with just 1 box
TheMonolith2001 Posted October 20, 2013 Report Posted October 20, 2013 Don't be like this fool http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/ele/4092922077.html
hazestorm23 Posted October 21, 2013 Report Posted October 21, 2013 Don't be like this fool http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/ele/4092922077.html O wow hahahaha that is great he must think its a concert or something.
john253a Posted October 21, 2013 Report Posted October 21, 2013 Just go for 5-5.3net 80-85sq" or port And desired hz
lion Posted October 22, 2013 Author Report Posted October 22, 2013 thanks all for the helpful replies
Soccerballzs Posted October 22, 2013 Report Posted October 22, 2013 Make 1 nice box!!!!! No need to separate in different boxes!!! Good Luck on build. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/I Pioneer P99RSAmpere 38002-Ampere 125/44-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer 2-5.25 Satori Mids2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars2-Hertz Silk tweeters DC Audio Level 5/12 Skyhigh Wire Mechman 320 XS Power D3100MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/
Crandis16 Posted October 22, 2013 Report Posted October 22, 2013 If you want a wider frequency range then I suggest doing some research on 4th order bandpasses and look into building a box for that My Red zx2 Build Log My Black zx2 Build Log My Red zx2 UBL
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.