karsr1952 Posted October 22, 2013 Report Posted October 22, 2013 I have gone through 8 enclosures that I have designed within the last 7 months. I have tried a bunch of different things and so far I like having a lot of port area and port volume with a smaller net volume. Here is my dilemma: I have a net volume of 5.5, a port volume of 2.81 and port area of 108. Is it ok if I put a sub in with a higher recommended volume since I have so much port? Was thinking of purchasing some new subs that recommend 6 cubes of net volume. I would think that the subs will feel like they are in a bigger box... right? The reason I like designs like this is because it seems to me that you get a lot of output with the large port but subs stay in line under tuning frequency. Can anybody help? Thank you for everybodies time
n8ball2013 Posted October 22, 2013 Report Posted October 22, 2013 What woofers first THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
goldeneye4564 Posted October 22, 2013 Report Posted October 22, 2013 wish I had enough space to store 8 boxes I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY. Wanna ride bikes? Quote On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said: Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics! On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said: Do horns get low
karsr1952 Posted October 22, 2013 Author Report Posted October 22, 2013 I was thinking of going to sp4s, AA Mayhems, hdc4s, Death Penalty, or Platform 3s.
bdog Posted October 24, 2013 Report Posted October 24, 2013 choose a subwoofer first then get opinions on what enclosure that sub will like REP
RooTxBeeR Posted October 26, 2013 Report Posted October 26, 2013 Oh, ok... All the ones you mentioned would all require different designs, all have different amounts of SD, which determine amount of port to be used. That's just one thing to take into account On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
karsr1952 Posted October 28, 2013 Author Report Posted October 28, 2013 Ended up changing box. Have way more net volume and tuned a little higher. Also gonna make a port plug for a low daily bump. Most woofers out there have a respectable vent mach with this current design. The zv4, sp4 and Dc XL m2 seem to excel in the design. Thanks for the feedback guys and take care.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.