Sonic Electronix

8" subwoofer in door choices

so i really wana glass my front doors i currently have a rockford 5-1/4 power series up front and there 6x9 power series in the back i really wana add an 8 in the doors to reproduce the notes my subs cant. ive been going back and forth between a normal 8 and a shallow i feel like in this type of situation the shallow would perform way better and do the best at the task im asking of it. being that it would be glassed in the cubby partition of a door panel it would in an essance have its own sealed box.

debating between this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROCKFORD-FOSGATE-P3SD4-8-PUNCH-8-SHALLOW-SUBWOOFER-4-OHM-NEW-IN-BOX-/251222349445?pt=Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures&hash=item3a7e04d685

or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROCKFORD-FOSGATE-P2D4-8-2YR-WNTY-8-500W-DUAL-4-OHM-CAR-AUDIO-STEREO-SUB-WOOFER-/171142739188?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27d8e6f4f4&vxp=mtr

they would be on a ct sounds 125.2.

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

how about some crescendos?

they make some pretty good 8s...

personally i like the PYle PRo series...

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

that last post may do it. im pretty much trying to use it as a woofer and let the subs take care of the lower fq

the sensitivity may put it above everything other then the substage though

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

ya those are kinda out of my budget even though i do have a jlw713 thats prolly the onlything jl i will ever own soley for price reasons.

i feel as though the rockford midbass would be to bright soley based on its spl. i mean i could down tune it but idk the smallness of the cubby should keep the fq of the shallow 8 right abouts where i need it.

pretty much what im after is normal listening id like to be able to hit full 20hz-20khz. starting to change things around with my build idea. i wana have a substage capable of when needed being much much louder but for average listening id like full 20-20 to be flat.

idk im up for opinions and such so please dont read this and think im just being stubern based on what i picked.

i just feel like the pa style 8 would be rather hash compared to the shallow under my situation

Check out Skars 8 inch.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters