bassman619 Posted October 26, 2013 Author Report Posted October 26, 2013 Heres what I came up with after using bcae1 for a while.. 32w × 18h ×20L outside dimensions.. 5x5in square port 7.75in long(rounded off) more or less 30htz..good or no..scrap it or go for it? You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries
Smoove Posted October 26, 2013 Report Posted October 26, 2013 I love and support RF all day. personally I think 5 cubes and less than 5sqin of port per cube is not a good idea. I am thinking more like 18x22x20 with a 6" areo 18" long. And unless I read oever it some where? What is your goal with this sub? And are you in a trunk? 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
bassman619 Posted October 31, 2013 Author Report Posted October 31, 2013 Yes its in a trunk..04 impala..I want it to get nice and loud and low too but come to find out wayyy after I bought the sub its not even meant to get that low ..more of an spl sub..but I already built the box.. 27.5x17.5x15.25 with a 6" wide areoport a lil more than 13" long You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries
slowfkncar Posted November 1, 2013 Report Posted November 1, 2013 We have sold and installed many Rockford producs,we are authorized and in my experience I wouldnt reccomend anything over 3 cubes net unless you have less then 800 rms. these black aluminum cones do not like heat and they do not like to big of an enclosure. These cones need to stay under control,I have seen many T2 cones rip to shreds because of clipping or to much airspace. I noticed you said these are for spl and don't like to get low. This is not true,these woofers love the lows and will play them nicely. Its up to you whatever options you decide on, 3 cubes net,48sq inches port,33hz on 1500rms has always been nice to me,however we use this on a t1500bdcp,which I'm sure gives more then the Memphis especially on music.
slowfkncar Posted November 1, 2013 Report Posted November 1, 2013 Looks like the box you have isn't even tuned that low,I would assume high 30's, try to extend your 6" aero port to 17-18" and make sure front and back of port has 18" free. Then see how you like it.
bassman619 Posted November 1, 2013 Author Report Posted November 1, 2013 My bad it was a typo..I meant 17..I built the box exactly how the manual recommends...but it only left about 9.25" behind the port because I had to place the port on the side of the box because that was the only side that has clearance You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries
bassman619 Posted November 1, 2013 Author Report Posted November 1, 2013 I never did the math sobi cant say for sure what it is tuned at but the manual said the 17" port would makeit tuned to 36htz..so Im guessing 18" would tune it lower..am I right? You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries
slowfkncar Posted November 1, 2013 Report Posted November 1, 2013 Sorry,I thought you had an aero port, if its a slot port you can give it a little more air space, maybe 3-3.25 net . If you can post your enclosures exact external dimentions I will try to calculate it for you. & yes usually a longer port will drop your tuning but there is still such thing as too long
bassman619 Posted November 1, 2013 Author Report Posted November 1, 2013 Sorry,I thought you had an aero port, if its a slot port you can give it a little more air space, maybe 3-3.25 net . If you can post your enclosures exact external dimentions I will try to calculate it for you. & yes usually a longer port will drop your tuning but there is still such thing as too long27.5in wide x 17.5in tall× 15.25in deep..but im sure ur dead on about the areoport 17in exactly where it should be You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries
slowfkncar Posted November 1, 2013 Report Posted November 1, 2013 Width & depth of the port? I assume the hight is 16" since the port is on the side. Do you have any more room for more airspace?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.