2012 Mailbu SQ build help.

bcbrassard

Hey SQ guys, looking for input on a small SQ system on my girlfriends 2012 Malibu. Sorry i have no pics at this time but will try to post some soon. I have built and close to finishing my all RF Mitsubishi lancer build and i have learned alot from this forum in the last 2+ years and spent alot of money the wrong way to have a great SQ system and thought i would be fun to build her car even better just not as loud as mine.

I would like to replace her stock HU with a double din, run passive 3-way hertz or some other high end components and keep the amps matching the components for front stage. Midbass drivers in stock door location, Tweeters on A pillar and midrange somewhere close to tweeters. Probly a 2 ch amp pushing 100+ watts to components.

For a sub stage something like a 8 or 10 in the trunk with 500+ watts running to the sub.

As for rear fill i might get a high end matching set of coax and run them off the deck power. Main goal is super clean sound in the family car. I have worked on the exterior of the car all summer and storm troopered the hell out of it, Car looks way nice for what i have done and definatley turns heads here in Alaska.

No hurry on the build, i plan and taking all next summer to buy up equipment if not part of the next summer as well. See plans on keeping the car for a long time so its a worthy investment, and fun project. Budget....$5,000 over a couple summers. I will be doing everything so that helps keeping costs way down.

I know and have read from some of the top SQ guys on this furom so i have the highest respect for your knowledge so and ideas or input would be great. Thanks guys, keep rocking it!

Sounds like you have a game plan Sir ... First thing I would do with it is Sound Deadner and electrical ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Sounds like you have a game plan Sir ... First thing I would do with it is Sound Deadner and electrical ...

Thanks Randal, You are one of the most knowledgable SQ guys on the forum and love what you have done to White Lightening, That truck is bad to the bone. It would be a great experience to hear that in person. Not alot to listen to here in Alaska as far as SQ so i only have my car to judge my improvements. Sound deadening and electrical is definately where i will begin. I think since the system will be around 1200-1500 watts max i think Big 3 and a good battery upfront should be enough, maybe one in the trunk but probly not. I need specs on stock alt to determine that.

You are one of the most knowledgable SQ guys on the forum and love what you have done to White Lightening, That truck is bad to the bone. It would be a great experience to hear that in person.

Thank you Sir ...

You should have no perblems adding atleast one battery in the rear of the vehicle ... Should be atleast a 80 - 100 amp alternator ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived