I really haven't done anything with my truck system in quite a while... except slam on it :) LOL Zero problems... so I'm kind of in the "if its not broke" don't try to fix it, mode right now :)

So hey, I really don't have any recent big fish photos for the anglers here, either.... as I spent most of my free time all Summer hill climbing, lifting weights, along with more photography.

Anyway, quick story, and then a couple photos...

Last week I finally got the boat on the water. Fishing was tough, but the weather (last week, of course) was beautiful, warm, and calm :)

So towards the end of the day, I decide to run to a spot, which is half way back to the ramp. About 1/4 mile from my spot, I pass a large, Salmon, floating belly up. So I circle back around, then see that its not dead, just swimming on its back (so, on it's way out) and I'm like, "If it's not dead, its not slimy and stinking yet.... what the hey, I want to weigh that thing. So I scooped it up, held it on the scale... 26.3 lbs ! And in surprisingly good shape. Then I tossed it back.

I go about another 1/4 to my spot, set my anchor, get baited up, casted out, and was fishing for maybe 30 min, when a huge ass 600lb Sea Lion comes down the middle of the river. So in my mind, I start thinking, "I wonder if he' is going to find that Salmon (their favorite food... can't blame them :) but I mean, it is a huge river... probably 125 yrds across.... yea, so about 400ft.

As it goes by, I start thinking about how long it would take, and I look all the way down the river, to the end of the straight, and I'm thinking, 6 min..... and so I'm watching my watch... 4, 3, 2, 1..... And Bro's ! Even from that distance, I heard a tremendous splash and crash, and then it just kept on ! It was so far from me, plus completely back lit, but I could just hear all hell breaking loose.....

Fishing was lame anyway, and I already had the camera out anyway (just a Canon T1i, that works pretty well.... sometimes, and my 400 5.6 ;) < that, is my baby :)

So I crank the rods in, yank up the anchor..... fire the motor..... and I'm on my way. As I get closer, I considered that I totally had the sun in my face, so I purposely stayed way to the right, until I completely passed it, then made a big, U-turn, while slowing down to an idol. Quickly killed the gas and got on my t-motor....

And got these :)

0774E18AB54F46E79DB64426C6325C1B.jpg

Now of course, it could have found a different Salmon, but I'm thinking not.... So imagine this; When I got to the scene, the Sea Lion had already eaten off its head, and some of its guts. So I'm figuring, in the top photos, that is about an 18 lb chunk of Salmon... bones and all ;)

So after he saw that I was watching him, he decided to just hammer it down, in one 18 lb gulp ! Ef'ing ridiculous, right ? :)

B742B3E13A0640F6881662527B0F03B7.jpg

Peace,

Fish

PS, It's a good thing these dudes are not aggressive towards people, right ?

Those are some AWESOME photos ...Probably a once in a lifetime to get shots like that

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Awesome pics

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Those are pretty awesome pic! BTW are you the same fishchris who used to frequent the RF forum way back when?

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4

Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12

Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1

double post*

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4

Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12

Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1

I bet it's not naturally going to want to attack people but if you pissed that bastard off he could bite of an arm and well I can't realy say he would swallow it but more like force choke it down lol I would not get close to anything with lion in its name

Right on :) Thanks guys :)

SouldDrop, yes, this is the same Fish Chris.... well, kind of :) Since then, I lost 130 lbs of fat, and put on 45 lbs of muscle, along with changing just about everything else in my life too. So anyway, same "brain".... just in a different body :)

Oh hey, quick story;

I have a friend that works at a fish market in Bodega Bay. He told me that several years ago, one of these 600 lb Sea Lions came charging straight at a dock covered with tourists, jumping up on the dock, and slamming down on it so hard, it darn near knocked people off of it. Several people fell down, but mostly from falling over each other, trying to get out of the way of a 600 lb charging beast !

So after that, one of the workers went down and tried to scare it back into the water, at which point the Sea Lion stood it's ground, and let out a growling > "Ef you buddy ! I'm not going in that ef'ing water > and your little ass is not going to make me" ! :) LOL Finally, after a few hours, it went back in on its own, when it was good and ready.

They never did see what the Sea Lion was afraid of.... Their are lots of small sharks in the bay, but nothing that would be a threat to a 600 lb Sea Lion. Great White's get spotted right outside the bay, but never one inside ?

Hmmmm. In any case, makes you wonder what would scare a 600 lb beast, like that, huh ?

Peace,

Fish

Archived