New to SPL and big systems

Welcome to the forum!!

3 suggestions...

Don’t be afraid to get some used equipment. If you are buying it from a reputable seller on a site like here or CACO you will most likely be fine. EBay or Craigslist is another story, and you have to be a little wise and careful. This will allow you to get equipment in the next price bracket up from your budget, without spending the money.

The next word of advice is.......the box is EVERYTHING when it comes to subwoofers. Do your research; read a bunch of build logs, and look for ones with smaller setups (less subs and power) to model yours off of. Ask questions about materials, tools, methods, ports, etc. Don’t be afraid to rebuild if it doesn’t suit your ears. Materials and time are usually less expensive than new subs in a bad box. If you can find someone in your area to help you, that is always a good option as well.

Most importantly, have fun!! Go to some local competitions and see what others are running, what their boxes look like, and just chat. Most people will be happy to let you look, and take ideas off their setup.

2012 North American Street Stock Runner-up - 150.9 on 1800 clamped watts (Teammate)
2013 dB Drag Street Trunk World Champion - 153.9 on 3200 clamped Watts (Teammate)
2013 MECA Trunk 1 World Champion - 152.8 Headrest (Teammate)
2013 MECA Park & Pound 2 World Champion - 130.6 (Teammate)

Checkout our build and videos !! : ) 150+ Trunk Build Log itsgordy1 youtube channel (click for Hairtricks)

Smith's Custom Seats
Martinsburg, PA

(Second Skin Dealer)

Welcome to the forum!!

3 suggestions...

Don’t be afraid to get some used equipment. If you are buying it from a reputable seller on a site like here or CACO you will most likely be fine. EBay or Craigslist is another story, and you have to be a little wise and careful. This will allow you to get equipment in the next price bracket up from your budget, without spending the money.

The next word of advice is.......the box is EVERYTHING when it comes to subwoofers. Do your research; read a bunch of build logs, and look for ones with smaller setups (less subs and power) to model yours off of. Ask questions about materials, tools, methods, ports, etc. Don’t be afraid to rebuild if it doesn’t suit your ears. Materials and time are usually less expensive than new subs in a bad box. If you can find someone in your area to help you, that is always a good option as well.

Most importantly, have fun!! Go to some local competitions and see what others are running, what their boxes look like, and just chat. Most people will be happy to let you look, and take ideas off their setup.

Thanks for the info! I have a buddy around the corner who has experience building and tuning boxes and he's helping me ALOT with this so far. He has a pretty sick setup, an Fi sp4 15 and I believe a crescendo 3500 watt amp, XSPower3100 battery and a self built box tuned to 31Hz and is 3.5ft^3 and he said that the MOFO would sound good in a box that size ported as well. He may make it smaller depending on the sound we get when we finally get all the materials but I'm stoked to be doing my own build and stepping up in the woofer game!

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2615]

Some one say SP4 ????!!!?

sorry...

can smell that shit.. ;)

Haha! The first time he played his system for me I could smell the cone and whatnot, this is actually his 2nd SP4 due to the first one being faulty, got it replaced for free surprisingly.

To bad your in Florida have a lot of excess laying around you could use. Yellow Top battery. 1 gauge wire. Clarion EQ. Orion 8002 amp.n6.5 speakers etc etc etc. Whole shop full. Have fun!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

sorry...

can smell that shit.. ;)

Haha! The first time he played his system for me I could smell the cone and whatnot, this is actually his 2nd SP4 due to the first one being faulty, got it replaced for free surprisingly.

Who said i had an sp4 that was faulty? haha Ive only had one bro.

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

sorry...

can smell that shit.. ;)

Who said i had an sp4 that was faulty? haha Ive only had one bro.

I thought it was your second! My bad haha!

Archived