Second Skin Audio

Help deciding the right subs for my amp

Mr DeeBeez

So I recently bought a Rockford Fosgate 1000-1bd. It can do up to 1300 watts rms at 1 ohm. My question is what subs would be recommended? I have been looking into Fi and really like them. What kind would be the best? Would this amp be able to power 2 15's? Or just one? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

If you post your max dimensions it'll allow people to give you better suggestions. But for 1300wrms I'd go with the sundown SA series. 600 wrms but I've heard they can take up to 700-1000wrms.

1999 Honda Civic- RIP

2003 Acura RSX Type-S

Well if you went with FI their lowest 2 lines of subs have RMS ratings of 550 and 750 so if you ran two woofers it would be in your best interest to go with the 550 watts RMS rated one however i am not sure they are a pure SPL woofer. if you went with a single woofer your options would go to an additional 2 grades of their woofers. You have an awesome amp, just need to decide if you're stuck on FI subs and if you want 2 or 1. proper enclosure will be a must also IMO.

EDIT: nvm, the 750 watts RMS ones are daily subs (great for you) but the 550 I was looking at are infinite baffle only

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

You should be fine up to the BL series with Fi. Even though the BLs are able to take way more than the 1300w you plan on giving them. I'm also giving my 18" bl around 1300w (according to birthsheet) and I know for sure it can take more.

Max dimensions in my trunk is around 3'x3'x1.5'. And I do not care if it is one sub or Two. I am just looking to get as loud as I can with what I have. Of course without throwing sq completely out the window. And I am not stuck on fi subs, I would consider others. I just heared they were good. And I really appreciate all the help so far.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Max dimensions in my trunk is around 3'x3'x1.5'. And I do not care if it is one sub or Two. I am just looking to get as loud as I can with what I have. Of course without throwing sq completely out the window. And I am not stuck on fi subs, I would consider others. I just heared they were good. And I really appreciate all the help so far.

you kind of should care if its one sub or two, depending on how many cubic feet you can fit. too small for two woofers and you suffer performance.

SQ and SPL are completely irrelevant terms. you just want to be loud and sound good. a key goal in any daily system. amirite?

you can also try those new woofers soundqubed just came out with the other day. soudnqubed = audioque.

Well I guess the more I think about it I would prefer to just have one. My trunk can fit up to a 13 cubic feet box so I think I would be good there. (I have a 99 Grand Prix gt 2 door with a pretty big trunk.) for the sundown x series, it says it is not for "higher" bass frequencies. So would it only be good for the lows and suck for higher frequencies. I'm not expecting it to get really high, but be able to produce pretty good higher bass. Or would the SA series be recommended? Also, would one 12 be able to hit low and a little higher?

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Archived