Second Skin Audio

Help with fi ssd 15 box design

Mr DeeBeez

Let me know what size will work for ya and I'll rework the design.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

You messed up and should of gotten a 12".

2004 Grand Prix GT

(2) 12" RE XXXs (04/05 XBL^2)

5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz

MMATS HD4000.05

MMATS SQ4100

Infinity Kappa components

Juice Box black cherry

Duralast platinum group 34

1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding

Singer 250A

You don't need a double baffle for this; 3/4 fiberglassed should be plenty.

Its a great design he gave you never the less, but it its your first time building, just stick with the basics.

2004 Grand Prix GT

5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz

MMATS HD4000.05

MMATS SQ4100

Juice Box black cherry

1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding

Singer 250A

Yeah I thought I had more room than I did. Was thinking about building it in the trunk but the more I thought of it the harder i think it would be. I'm going to be seeing what size will fit. I had a box in there that is 16" tall, 32"wide. And like 30" deep. So I can have it shorter and deeper. But I think the front will need to be angled a little bit. Ya a 12 would have been easier but it was only $150 and it's in great shape. So I think the effort will be worth it.

And triticum, I will. Thank you so much for stickin with it. Lol. Can't thank you enough.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

I don't think you want to try angling any of the sides if you can avoid it. It's not such a big deal to do on a sealed box but on a ported box it makes both the design and the construction significantly more difficult, particularly when it comes to the port.

I saw your other thread on mounting the driver on the top of the box and I think that's something to avoid as well. Like other said, its probably a recipe for making your truck rattle really badly. The good news is if you can fit a box 16" high you should be able to mount the driver on that 16" face. The driver's outside diameter is less that 16" and the cutout is less than 14.5" so it should work. I have an idea on how this should work out and I'll tweak the design to incorporate as soon as I get a chance.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

he's just going to have to mount into the top and bottom pieces a bit. If he reinforces the box and mounts with a cut-out baffle he should be fine.

2004 Grand Prix GT

5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz

MMATS HD4000.05

MMATS SQ4100

Juice Box black cherry

1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding

Singer 250A

he's just going to have to mount into the top and bottom pieces a bit. If he reinforces the box and mounts with a cut-out baffle he should be fine.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking should work. Here is the revised design so that its only 16" high and 32" wide.

fissd15-1_zps620c785a.png

fissd15-2_zpsd2879abf.png

Builds:

^^ This is awesome

2004 Grand Prix GT

5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz

MMATS HD4000.05

MMATS SQ4100

Juice Box black cherry

1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding

Singer 250A

You can go for an all across baffle which I think is best when the box can't be tall enough (also I would avoid a flush mount myself):

SFPFHieffport_zps816fea55.jpg

In any case is possible to do that 15" sub on a 16" tall box because the cutout is 14 1/8" the minimum height is 1 1/2" more or 15 5/8 (actually the OD).

You can go for an all across baffle which I think is best when the box can't be tall enough (also I would avoid a flush mount myself):

What's your reasoning for avoiding a flush mount (I'm just curious)?

Builds:

Archived