Hey Woodworkers/refinishers....OK, Video of my Mom getting her present is up on pg. 6

I have a Dewalt sander. It is not a DA, but more like a block style. I would think a DA might give it swirl marks if I went to deep. I'm sure mine will work pretty good for the flats, and it will be hand sanded in the creases and corners.

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once

JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

I have a Dewalt sander. It is not a DA, but more like a block style. I would think a DA might give it swirl marks if I went to deep. I'm sure mine will work pretty good for the flats, and it will be hand sanded in the creases and corners.

Most of the d/a sanders out there will vibrate in a tight hexagonal motion more than they spin. It's pretty rare to get swirl marks from proper d/a sanding, especially if you're using a higher grit.

The block style you're talking about is probably a back/forth oscillation style, it vibrates quickly so I would just advise you to be very even in your pressure and passes or you can make dips in the soft wood if you leave it in one spot too long. Make sure you don't hit the same stop-point too much, that's where it usually happens.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Also, don't do what many people do to try to maximize paper usage by using the edge of the sander. So even if there's one spot that won't sand smooth or a hard to reach corner/edge don't try to use one edge or corner of the sander, that's going to give you dips very quickly. It puts all that pressure on too small a surface, I used to do it all the time when I refinished stairs, most foolish mistake....

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Funny how I start to grow a manly beard, and then I become a manly woodworker!

20131113_103820.jpg

Got started on the sanding this morning before work.

20131113_103923.jpg

20131113_103935.jpg

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

I love that wood grain. why in the hell would anyone want to hide its raw beauty?

I know, right! So many people paint over a beautiful wood grain. Oh well, gives me something to work on!

GOD DAMN! That looks fucking beautiful as is. That grain is amazing. A nice clear coat is what I'd do. U said cedar right? I love cedar. Looks beautiful raw. No need for stain. I really want to make some cedar stuff. Made a few benches for my eagle project of cedar. Clear cut and regular. Staggered the types looked pretty cool. Cant wait to see finished project.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

Just wait till the wood ages again and turns darker looking fierce! Very sleek!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

I am not going to stain it. I am just going to oil it a couple times to bring out the natural beauty. Maybe wax it after, but that depends on what it looks like after oiling. Any idea's on the best oil to use for cedar?

Watco oil. Danish oil. Tung oil..

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters