Second Skin Audio

scion xb

BassMunky

I have both a 1st and second gen... the 2nd gen has way more room... should be able to fit 2 15's below the window line if you follow the seat angle... but if you want to be able to fit any batteries amps etc in the same cargo srea your probably better off with 2 12's...

I've told him this already. 2 12s leaves you room for a port to breathe and an amp, etc. Trying to cram 15s almost absolutely limits you too using aerorports since the angle won't allow you to do a slot port. It also limits you to firing the port up, which most times isn't ideal for ear or meter in that type of vehicle.

Two NICE high powered 12s with a double baffle and port firing back is the way to go in that generation xB.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Well fella i have a 2012 xb, 2 12's works well and to cut down overall size of the box u can use aero ports, like i used to 4" aero's for two 12's and did subs up aero's up and worked out very well. XB's are pretty easy to make loud so it won't take much. Even a single 15 would work out nicely.

shrunk AB pic.jpg

so 2 12 will be louder than 1 18? How you suggest make the box to be the loudest no wall.

You should post your own maximum dimensions you yourself can fit, then bear in mind this there are 18" subs that will work on 4 cubes net and others that will work in 6 or more, lastly 2 high end 12s will outperform a cheap 18, and the other way around is also true.

2 12s. I had a 2008 which I'm sure is the same cargo area as yours 2 15s are too tight of a fit and won't leave any room for your port to breathe. You can do subs up/port up and you'd have to build the enclosure with an angle to follow the seat line, but you could MAYBE squeeze a couple of 15s in there.

Dimensions should be about 40" wide until you hit trim panels, 18" height without going up to headrests(right at top of seat line) Depth is variable depending on how you want to do it. A totally squared off 90° enclosure can maybe get 18" depth but port would have to face up. You can get deeper if you follow the angle of the seats though.

Go measure and see what dimensions you get. See what dimensions you don't mind giving up.

ding ding ding, we have a winner!!!

i tested the XB a lot, you can get 2 15s in there and get LOUD as hell, but on higher frequencies, the xb´s cabin gain is retarded, get impressive numbers easily but everything you do in there peaks and plays high as hell, i built a box a few months ago for 2 15s tuned to 38 hz and burps over 150 with a 3K but at 54 hz, everything we did peaked and played high no matter what, box size plays a huge role on the XB, for daily, wouldn´t use 2 15s at all, 2 12s are amazing in there!

I also built another XB with 4 cheap ass pioneer 10s on a hifonics hfi2500D wired at 1 ohm on a single battery, still burped over 146 at 45 hz and was loud as hell, i used 2 subs forward/2 subs up and a slot port facing side, since port was close to a loading wall it played low as hell, that´s another option you could do, but i would still use 2 12s facing up like my boy sierra suggested 2 times already ;)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Archived