Second Skin Audio

grand prix sub box

xavier419

i want to seal the box off from the trunk,think I'll still have room? heard i can fit At least 7.6 cubes maybe more

You definitely can as long as you build it in the trunk. My 4th will total out a little over 6cubes net and there's still a bit or room left for storage with the measurements.Edit: forgot to quote
so your saying the only way to have a 7.6 cube box is to build in the trunk.hhmmmmAm I missing something here 36"x15"x28" =15120/1728=8.75 before port area and not built in the trunkCorrect me If I figured something wrong
Where did 28 come from?
sorry left some things out,that is my box deminsions max,just saying I didn't have to build in the trunk

What year is your gp?

98 4dr gtp.In a few post back I showed the issue I had getting it in.

I love my gtp it's fast as and reliable

I agree,my tranny went out a few months ago and I couldn't find a replacement for it so I had to settle with one from a GT which has a much lower final drive ratio of 3.29 compared to the stock 2.93 for the GTP.Its much quicker from the bottom but won't hold up aslong.

i want to seal the box off from the trunk,think I'll still have room? heard i can fit At least 7.6 cubes maybe more

You definitely can as long as you build it in the trunk. My 4th will total out a little over 6cubes net and there's still a bit or room left for storage with the measurements.Edit: forgot to quote
hey thanks for all the help, just got one more question for you. think i could get a pic with your fourth in there? i would love to see what kinda space I'm working with!thanks guys really
I'm building it when it warm up but I have a sketch up pic I'll post when I have access to my laptop

4th_zpsde62dbb3.png

tuned in I really like the way it looks.Let me now how it turns out

i want a forth so bad now I'm debating on getting 12s instead... if i Can find a away to see the magnets from the ski Hole I'll stay with the 15s. if you have seen the baskets and magnets of the ct meso you'd understand why i want to see them so bad!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12

Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601

headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids

midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock

mids/highs: shitty off brand

i want a forth so bad now I'm debating on getting 12s instead... if i Can find a away to see the magnets from the ski Hole I'll stay with the 15s. if you have seen the baskets and magnets of the ct meso you'd understand why i want to see them so bad!

oops quoted u twice haha

meant to say the ski hole is 13.5" tall by 12.5" wide and with enough leds you can light up and see through.

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

really, then if i do the back(from the ski hole view) plexi and do the subs on the left and right so magnets almost touching i think that would work. i wanna do the port up into the deck lid. so depending on how far the deck lid goes into the trunk i can pull off.

so many variables! why is it so hard to get What i want!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

You definitely can as long as you build it in the trunk. My 4th will total out a little over 6cubes net and there's still a bit or room left for storage with the measurements.

Edit: forgot to quote

so your saying the only way to have a 7.6 cube box is to build in the trunk.hhmmmm

Am I missing something here 36"x15"x28" =15120/1728=8.75 before port area and not built in the trunk

Correct me If I figured something wrong

I'll correct you :)

You have .75" of wood for each side of your box, so subtract 1.5" from each dimension. 36.5X13.5X26.5=12,342 divided by 1728 is 7.14 cubic feet.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

idk how deep rear deck is but 6x9s are mounted sidways so there is pleanty of room.

You definitely can as long as you build it in the trunk. My 4th will total out a little over 6cubes net and there's still a bit or room left for storage with the measurements.

Edit: forgot to quote

so your saying the only way to have a 7.6 cube box is to build in the trunk.hhmmmm

Am I missing something here 36"x15"x28" =15120/1728=8.75 before port area and not built in the trunk

Correct me If I figured something wrong

I'll correct you :)

You have .75" of wood for each side of your box, so subtract 1.5" from each dimension. 36.5X13.5X26.5=12,342 divided by 1728 is 7.14 cubic feet.

i got the same but didnt call him out on it. just was gonna let him have his "small victory"

Archived