Keeping blowing tweets and X-overs. Why?!?!

Karkov

Ok guys ... my apologies for accusing the amplifiers not being strong enough to handle two pair of components and provide great dynamics at the same time ...

However ... Unless something is found wrong with the vehicle or equipment ... I stand behind my sugestions.

Still kind of processing what you said....... ok, for the time being what can I do with the equipment I have? IF* the crossovers are blown I will have no choice but to run active but then again I truly do not want to blow more stuff. When you say trying to sound good in the process and over working the amplifiers you mean gain too high? In the future is that what you think *could* have saved me this time around?

If you plan to run active ... I'd start out with a single component set, go with no gain on the amplifiers, and make damn sure you have your crossover settings correct ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Yea, I guess with the amp doing over rated and on strong electrical there could have been too much watts going to them. IDK They weren't distorting and they sounded good. For all 4 crossovers to have melting issues it really can't be a issue with ALL tweets, or ALL speakers, or ALL crossovers. the common denominator is the amp. I see people run more watts to speakers all the time on here (not saying they should). I mean yes, they rave ratings for a reason and that's what I tried to match up. Oh-well i guess, It's over and done with now, will have to do some more researching before i hook anything else up. Maybe I better just stick with Walmart pioneer coaxial of the HU power, lol......

SAM_0554_zps25454b8d.jpg

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Dont get down bro, F*ck Wally world! lol

Thanks man, appreciate it.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

If you plan to run active ... I'd start out with a single component set, go with no gain on the amplifiers, and make damn sure you have your crossover settings correct ...

Where would you start with the equipment i have?

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

in your case a 4 channel or a 2 channel shouldnt make a diff. You have enough head room that underpowering is not an issues. You also said you dont overpower the speakers. Since you have blown mulitple sets, I would start looking at the equipment and wiring. Make sure you are wired up correctly and nothing is out of phase. If thats fine, I would start looking at the amp and deck to make sure the xover is working and you arent sending a full range signal to the passives or sending a clipped/dirty signal to the passive. If you honestly arent over driving the highs to keep up with you subs, I would guess you have an equipment failure somewhere.

Worst case is the passive on the sets just sucks. Back in the day when I worked for Circuit City, I ran infinity reference sets and the passives would go weekly. Since I worked at CC, I would swap the passive out almost every week. I finally swapped out the reference passives for the Kappa version, which was the step up and never blow a passive again. We didnt change a thing on my set up not even lowered the gains. We figued out the passive they sent with the set were just junk and didnt hold up but the upgraded Kappa never had an issue.

in your case a 4 channel or a 2 channel shouldnt make a diff. You have enough head room that underpowering is not an issues. You also said you dont overpower the speakers. Since you have blown mulitple sets, I would start looking at the equipment and wiring. Make sure you are wired up correctly and nothing is out of phase. If thats fine, I would start looking at the amp and deck to make sure the xover is working and you arent sending a full range signal to the passives or sending a clipped/dirty signal to the passive. If you honestly arent over driving the highs to keep up with you subs, I would guess you have an equipment failure somewhere.

Worst case is the passive on the sets just sucks. Back in the day when I worked for Circuit City, I ran infinity reference sets and the passives would go weekly. Since I worked at CC, I would swap the passive out almost every week. I finally swapped out the reference passives for the Kappa version, which was the step up and never blow a passive again. We didnt change a thing on my set up not even lowered the gains. We figued out the passive they sent with the set were just junk and didnt hold up but the upgraded Kappa never had an issue.

Thanks. Subs aren't even hooked up. Had about 20 minutes or less of play time. They were supposed to be getting rated power but birth sheet is a little over (posted above) nothing drastic though. I'll have to look into a few things. I think it was more of a settings issue than a equipment issue. Everything wired properly. Not sure exactly.....

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

try -3 or -6db on your crossovers that are working and switch them out between your blown crossover.

I had same problem, tweets are getting same power as mids if you has them set "in the middle 0db"

*Hummer H3*

HeadUnit

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

Mids and Highs

8-CT Sounds Pro 8" 8ohm

4-CT Sounds Pro Tweeters

Amplifiers

1-CT Sounds 125.4

1-CT Sounds 60.4

1-CT Sounds 7000.1

Electrical

3-Runs of 1/0 CT Sounds

8-XS Power D3100

3-Iraggi 300 amp Alternators

Subwoofers

4-SQ Hdc3 15" Subwoofers

(Soon to be 4 15" Ct Sounds EXO)

What track did you gain set the amplifier with?

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

What track did you gain set the amplifier with?

Will have to look when I get off of work but there is a choice between loud and Sound quality and I always choose SQ for mids/highs when setting with the DD-1

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Archived