Verizon Fios Faster Hardwired Internet Than Wireless

I recently switched to Verizon Fios from cable, and its been good (except for digital phone service-have to dial area code all the time) but I have an issue with the internet. On my desktop, IM averaging around 58mbps, however, wirelessly, Im average 12mbps. This is direct from the Verizon modem/router, no external router. Why the big difference? I do somewhat remember the first day I had it install I was getting faster internet wirelessly so how does it differ so much now? Maybe Im not understanding something, thanks for the help.

:)

Make sure that all of your devices support wireless N. You can find devices in wireless A, B, G, and N. A being the slowest and N being the fastest. Actually nowadays devices should be wirelss B, G, or N. If the router supports wireless G and if your phone, computer, etc. support wireless N then you will not get wireless N speeds.

Im in a totaly different county but I will get 100mb/s hard wired but only 20's wireless you loose a lot over wireless, its just what happens

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

^If your router doesn't support N then it will be that dramatic. We pay for 50mb/s and both the hardwired computer and my laptop running N get 50mb/s, even my Galaxy S3 gets about 45-50mb/s. About a month ago when my laptop was still on G I was only getting about 20mb/s

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

could be your wireless network card on the laptop... they do have limitations... also distance from router and objects in between you and router affect speeds/connectivity

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Archived