4th order Trunk hair tricks on less then 2k.

you cant play below 25? I dont think cone area has anything to do with it.... not trying to come off as hatin or talkin shit but it doesnt seem right. Might be lack of port area maybe idk... just seems like it should play lower. Anyways, all that matters is your happy and shit, it hairtricks so good shit dude! Oh and about the "who listens to 25hz and lower all day" thing, you must not have heard of kevosinn on here lol

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

so when designing the sealed portion of the box do you simply build it to the recommended volume for a sealed box that the woofer manufacturer says in the specs? and then double or triple the volume depending on the ratio you use (2:1 or 3:1) for the ported section?

09 Challenger R/T (Audio system under construction):

• Pioneer AVH-X4500BT (PAC RP4CH11 harness)
  • (2) Sundown Audio SA-8v2 (inverted)
  • CT Sounds AT1400.1D
  • XS Power D3400
  • 40 sq ft. Audiotechnix deadener
  • 1/0 Audiotechnix wiring
  • stock Boston Acoustic 7 speaker amplified system (for now)
  • Sealed trunk enclosure

Build log:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/178399-slammed-dodge-challenger-sundownct-sounds-build/

TEAM GOAT

signature-1.jpgsubsignature.jpg

Dang that is impressive man. This is giving me some high hopes for my build now!

you cant play below 25? I dont think cone area has anything to do with it.... not trying to come off as hatin or talkin shit but it doesnt seem right. Might be lack of port area maybe idk... just seems like it should play lower. Anyways, all that matters is your happy and shit, it hairtricks so good shit dude! Oh and about the "who listens to 25hz and lower all day" thing, you must not have heard of kevosinn on here lol

i didn't say i cant play lower then 25, is that what it is now " oh lets build a box tuned so low that we cant even hear it. fuck all the other notes"

let me put it this way, the box can play lower then 25, i just dont see a purpose of listening to music around 20 hertz you cant hear it and at that point a track with 20 hertz isnt music.

this box was built to be musical not to be some cyclone only car that cant play my dubstep.

this box has givin me the option to play low decaf and give me that punchy dubstep.

and yes cone area effects how well you can play at lower frequencies

im sorry i dont sit in my car and listen ( cant even hear ) 20 hertz tones....

so when designing the sealed portion of the box do you simply build it to the recommended volume for a sealed box that the woofer manufacturer says in the specs? and then double or triple the volume depending on the ratio you use (2:1 or 3:1) for the ported section?

As a general rule of thumb yea pretty much but there is more too it then that, with tuning and port length in all, the structure of the 4th order you want ( there is a big verity of 4 th order designs

i didn't say i cant play lower then 25, is that what it is now " oh lets build a box tuned so low that we cant even hear it. fuck all the other notes"

let me put it this way, the box can play lower then 25, i just dont see a purpose of listening to music around 20 hertz you cant hear it and at that point a track with 20 hertz isnt music.

this box was built to be musical not to be some cyclone only car that cant play my dubstep.

this box has givin me the option to play low decaf and give me that punchy dubstep.

and yes cone area effects how well you can play at lower frequencies

im sorry i dont sit in my car and listen ( cant even hear ) 20 hertz tones....

you seem angry and that's not what I was aiming for lol I was just asuming you were wanting those lows that just move air going by your tuning. Youd still be able to play down to 25hz tuned in the mid to high 40s and still play well into the 50s maybe even low 60s, thats the point of bandpasses. Not trying to make you mad man, sorry bout that

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Archived