Second Skin Audio

New guy from Chile, need help with port :(

ported get the deeper lows and is more power efficient so it's the way to go.

Don't worry too much about the response winISD shows, is not valid inside a car due to cabin gain. This was the actual in car response (theoretical) for the older ivx15v1 when averaged cabin gain is added for a box 3.1net@29Hz:

laog.jpg

I finally used 2 4" aeros, went with ports in the baffle and almost all the lenght is outside, I just used some pvc elbows and it's tuned around 29-30... I don't miss sealed at all, in fact, I always felt like bass was kinda "dry" and now with ported is another story.

I'll upload pictures when it's done (will fix my rear sunshade right now because apparently bass knocked off something inside so it's not going up nor down)

Welcome to the site first off

Secondly lookin great so far man, ready for some vids., lol

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Thanks for the post dude.

Well guys, bad news.

burned some voice coil's glue and finally it died =(

right now I just have my front stage and sent an email to kevin asking about a recone kit aswell sent an email to fixmyspeaker.com (PSI).

won't buy another sub, I just want to recone it... I would buy an VVX-15 but don't know if it will work fine with just 400w rms.

any suggestions?

yep, coils were in series... distortion and playing below tuning

Played around 3 hours and last song was Itchin (26) and at that moment I smelt the coils glue, that's exactly what happened.

I looked the coils with a flashlight and I saw the coil wasn't burnt it just unglued and moved so it got damaged.

what you guys think will be better? PSI recone or Skar recone?

Bought a VVX-15v2 :runlaugh: should arrive in 2 weeks and I'll buy a recone for my ivx and sell it.

also, as I'll have a vvx sub I think I could buy a monoblock to power it :D

that way, I would run my fronts active! no need for crossovers or I could get the rears (think I will go with just front and run them active)

will report as soon as I get the sub but will also report when I get my audiotechnix deadner.

:nuts:

Hey guys!, need some help with a new box I'm designing for my new vvx 15 sub.

this is what I have so far, I want to make an slot port but I've no idea how to calculate the port area for this sub :S

one important thing is that I will run this sub with 400wrms @ 4 ohms, but I will get a 1200wrms amp to wire my sub @ 1 ohm I thought I should have said this because I don't want to change amp and start to get port noise D:

here are my measurements of the box (a little bit bigger than the one for the ivx 15)

vvxbox_zps231b53f3.jpg

I belive the box is @ 4.26 cuft and the slot will be at the left side (using one common wall)

I know the port height must be 41 but I don't know the width... I want to tune it to 29hz.

any input will be appreciated.

P.D. sorry for my bad english lol

Thanks guys!

ADDED: wood thickness is 18 mm (or 1,8 cms or 0,018 mts)

Archived