Second Skin Audio

best cheap subs.... best cheap high excursion sub?

exxxtrem

I dnt know where your getting off giving me a lecture sword, I ask questions and then follow through. Ive got 1200$ of orders sitting at my front door and have no issues sending it back for better equipment. Im sure at 22 you know everything as im sure I did. I wantes to do a cheap system in the winter car. After buying alternator. Upgraded head unit. Welder. Fiberglass. Wood. My budget buid is high enough I mine as well spend a little more. It would be 1 thing to ask questions and not do anything. Its another to ask. Listen. Then follow through. sorry I dnt jump on the first thread I read and think things out.

Ps. Audioqubed is winning so far.

Think im gonna swap power acoustik for planet audio.

And I ask because im not familiar with todays equipment. Been 15 years since ive worked at a shop. Single dad that works two jobs. I dnt have time to go to audio shows to know the new stuff. Been out the loop.

You can get a used crescendo bc2000 or a used aq2200 for around $300-350. Those 2 would be the most reliable options for you in that power range

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

alright i gotta say it, people have said soundqubed before, but havent correected the OP when he keeps saying audioqubed, lol

Audioque is soundqubed now, theres no company named audioqubed. alright sorry, just thought it was funny you kept saying the name wrong, unless you did it on purpose, but soundqubed is known for good equipment at lower prices compared to what you will see elsewhere.

I understand the whole cheap build thing but dont agree with it as others do, sadly most people here are hardcore pushers of quality, and sometimes try to persuade others to do the same. Though plenty have done projects with cheap equipment just to see what can be done with it. But with what you are putting in that cavalier, unless your walling it, it sounds like the subs are going to be choking with no having enough space and power to make up for lack of space, though I suppose if a sub simply needs 1 cuft in a ported box you may be alright. My alero had a 14cuft trunk, if I used the entire thing maybe i could fit 6 certain 12s in it.

I am not knocking what you want to do, just stated the above because you could probably push more air and have better results minimizing the woofers and using the money spent on 6, to go for 3-4 and get more air movement, since air movement seems to be your thing.

The guys are seemingly bashing because they have either been there themselves or due to the popularity of this forum they do run into a lot of people who jsut what to be loud or push a lot of air or hair trick on low quality equipment, they only meant to help really, just may not look like that, lol

in car audio, this is my own opinion, any positive adjective, should never be considered usable in the same sentence as cheap equipment.

But for what you are doing, here are some positives. Soundqubed probably has the most reputable equipment compared to the others, the ones hotdog mentioned arent bad either, he keeps suggesting but not getting much feedback on his suggestion, lol.

what i tell people when they tlak about hitting up wlamart for just a cheap system, is to let me know their cheap budget for a system from walmart, and I can probably find them good used equipment online for the same price or close to and the result will be a huge difference. Granted some people cannot hear the difference as well in good equipment vs less quality equipment.

Example: A friend of mine bought an entire boss system, with cadence wiring and cadence capacitor, all costing roughly 500 bucks, and he fried the amp in about two weeks becausue 1. not knowing what he was doing, becausue he wired the subs to 1 ohm and the amp coudlnt handle it 2. its cheaper equipment in all regards and jsuts cant handle abuse in any fashion usually. But it woudl not have been hard to find a decent system with 500 dollar range. Ill take good used equipment over brand new lower quality equipment any day. again no bashing here, just some opinions and experience, im actually quite new to quality equipment myself, well ive been aqcuanted for quite some time but it took me almost 3 years to finally start a build, lol

I apreciate everyones feedback. I know it will be tight as hell but thats the huge challenge. Not used to afordable equip so im asking alot. Ive been kicker kicker kicker forever really because there tech support. I would roll my eyes at cheap crap too.

The cavy. My ideas have changed originally I was going to have 3 facing up at the trunk lid and 3 forward out the back seat and portes out the trunk lid...

But me being me I hate trunk rattle... so..

I cut out the rear deck. Will move the back seat forward 3" going to build a wall behind backseat that goes up and stop 10" from ceiling so I can still see out rear view mirrow. Port will come up out the top of wall so all subs and ports will be in car.

Just go with the soundqubed and be done. The obsidian audio website has been suspended,when I go to the link.. "Kicker" :shtf:

also as many people say on the forum, if you are happy with than dont worry about what others say

so your basically porting through the rear deck, except bypassing the rear deck altogether because you took it out, so the port wont actually require much of the trunk space if in, so you can probably get away with 6 subs, depending on what sort of space they like to use. most 12s i have seen like 2-3 cuft per sub. I think my 12s like 2 - 3.5 cuft each for ported. That being said, ive never personally dealt with worrying about airspace with lower quality stuff, so I do not know what space requirements they have. I know a lot of those companies dont often have the t/s specs easy to find or at all and sometimes no enclosure recommendations.

Now im happy were all sounding like a family now ;)

Sounds like soundqubed is winning by far.

Im hoping because you all have personal experience with them.

Amps is a hard one... I dnt like cheap amps... but for the winter car.. im open to suggestions.

Planet audio caught my eye because videos on you tube were good. Its rated at a 200 amp fuse. 200x12=2400w at 12 volts. So $150 for a 2000 watts... im open to ideas.

Archived