Tarnish on billet wheels, is there a fast way to restore them?

I agree, Never Dull is great stuff, but you'll go through the padding quickly on 4 wheels. The semi liquid polish from Mothers I'd the best I've found for deep cleaning. I also used it on my Honda CRF250 frame and it was a chrome-like finish after about 4-5 applications.

I think iv'e had the same can for at least 3 yrs. Seems to last me a long time, small wad per wheel. But yea it's good stuff.

truthsayer

I still see shine and life in those wheels, I could probably get each wheel sine in half an hour to 45 minutes.Those aren't bad at all

an hour?? It seemed like more work than that. I can remember if I got the mcquires or mothers polish.

Meguiars will be in the typical maroon container, Mothers will be in a red and white one.

It's red so I have the mothers. time to put in a little work in every night. I can't put all kinds of work into my system and drive around on tarnished wheels.

An acid wash will get those looking brand new in no time.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

An acid wash will get those looking brand new in no time.

I don't know anything about doing an acid wash. Do you have a little more info on the process?

Sure. This is what I use http://m.eagleone.com/mag-wheel-cleaner

Spray it on let it sit a couple minutes. don't walk away you don't want it to dry. Next wash it off with plenty off water you don't want any of the acid left behind. Then dry them off good.

I always do just one wheel at a time.

When your done washing and drying them break out your cone polisher and polish you already have, polish them up and they will look brand new.

Also it's a good idea to wear a mask and gloves. shit burns on your skin and I wouldn't want to breathe it in to find out how that feels

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

No way on sandpaper, not on my wheels, unless you're taking 2500-3000 grit. Aluminum wheel polish should have plenty of grit in it. I'd put the time in with each wheel off of the truck between my legs

Actually Yeah wetsand 2000,2500,3000. If your doing it yourself just to cut through the oxidation.. Then use your polish of choice. Actually a die grinder with a cone pad/bonnet and some tripoli will do wonders. followed by green or white polishing compound. FYI my dad has been in the metal polishing business for over 25 years. Specialize in Aluminum and stainless steel. We do all metal finishes from satin, to chrome to powder coat and everything in between.

96 Impala SS

Memphis 2000D, Memphis ST-3004, MB Quart RAA-2400, Custom PSI Tc9 12 's

Ascendant Audio Poly Mids and Vifa XT25 tweets Active

97 RCSB Silverado

3way Crystal Comps, ID10 ported, Off a US acoustics 4085

Archived