03 RF Lancer amp swap. Punch replaces Power series.

I do have an addiction. Lol. Anyone in this hobby is addicted. I think my best bet is to design a new box for my 13w7 before I go buy another sub. Lol. I have been wanting to try my sub in a sealed box just to hear what it sounds like sealed.

Yuck! sealed? That speaker should sound good in cardboard for the price but sealed your going to loose output and who wants that? lol

Ported or nothing imo

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Ported tuned 33-35hz sub stage, 8" midbass, 6.5 midrange, & tweets with time, tuning, deadener (for both vibrations and airborne noise) make for a good sounding setup.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Well, I guess I'm already set then. I have a ported box tuned to 34hz for the 13W7, 8" TC Sounds midbass, 6.5" CDT midbass, 3.5" CDT midrange and CDT tweets(3 way component set). And a JL 1000/1 for the sub, and a JL 450/4 for the midbass and components. Only thing I'm debating is whether to run the components of the 150 wattsx2 channels and the 8" midbass off the 75 wattsx2 channels or vice versa.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, been watching others progress from the sidelines and taking a break from build until spring. I found the woman was bitching to much for my liking and thought i would find a hobby for the whole family. So Santa brought us some RC's for christmas and now the everyone can have fun, and the woman cant bitch as much since its a family hobby. I have been wanting one for awhile now and my 23 yr old son got a 1/18 scale from our local hobby store for his birthday this fall and so i thought it would be fun for him to join the fun with us.

Well the car audio addiction just transferred over to RC's, i guess i have to have something to tinker with in the winters. But the build will continue this spring and get finished. Pics of toys....

IMG_1954_zps7c632c30.jpg

It started with these three. The green crawler is the 7 yr olds (works great ) The Black little buggy is the womans (POS, felt bad & wasnt cheap) and the Red 4x4 is mine of course. lol

IMG_1958_zps8f641b7f.jpg

So after running the red truck i was disappointed with the performance(18+ mph) so with the $300 worth of Amazon gift cards i got for xmass i bought the same truck upgraded, the Silver one. Red truck is a brushed motor where the silver one is brushless. Technology has come along way since the 80's when i had my first RC. So my son's room mate has a younger brother that had 2 Nitro burners that he didnt want to work on and gave us the middle red truck. MSRP is $520, you can get them for about $250 though. So $100 in parts and will have a good nitro burner too. 2 trucks should do around 40 mph.

IMG_1960_zps5e96f17a.jpg

The collection as of today! My brother got me a helicopter that the woman took over so i bought one that shoots missiles to shoot her down. She fly's pretty good. The 2 1/18 scale RC are hobby grade and go 20 mph out of the box. I have upgraded the buggies drive train and motor and it does about 27 mph. My son like the little blue truck and wants to make it brushless this summer with other upgrades and it could go 45 mph.

IMG_1961_zps532156b3.jpg

I will probably get a cheap outdoor helicopter this spring. They are pretty fun to fly and we have a big park across the street for all the RC's.

IMG_1964_zps79dde022.jpg

A look at the 1/10th scales under there body's. Added some goodies and have rebuild all the shocks so they work w/ 40 weight oil. Tons of upgrades you can do to these trucks. Best upgrades are good Lipo battery's and a quick charger.

IMG_1965_zpsefbbc47e.jpg

RedCat Volcano EPX Pro $220 and does about 35 mph

IMG_1966_zps940b7f9f.jpg

HSP Tyrannosarus Nitro burner, Free. Needed radio & reciever and some TLC.

IMG_1967_zps738e8a34.jpg

RedCat Volcano EPX, $157 and does about 18 mph unless lipo battery is in then is about 23 mph or so.

IMG_1968_zpsece411ef.jpg

Dromida BX 4.18 $99 & has drive train upgrade and brushed speed kit. Goes about 25+ mph

IMG_1969_zpsfc843035.jpg

IMG_1970_zps27db4bc2.jpg

My sons truck that he favors and wants to make brushless with lots of upgrades this summer.

Its nice having a few different scales to play with, we can bash on scale and move to the next. I have a huge treeless yard just waiting for snow to make a rc track in. Been the weirdest warmest winter i can ever remember and i have been here over 40 yrs. average temp has been 40ish and have about 2" of snow with grass showing!

That's awesome! A guy at work is really into Rc cars and was just telling me about his and one he bought for his son, sounded pretty sweet what you could do with them and to them. Basically like mini cars with all the upgrades available.

Hope you and the fam had a nice holiday season, and hope you catch the audio bug again soon :)

VERY Nice :D I'm a big kid when it comes to electronics!! I'm so close to the point you are with my girl bitching lol.. so I decided to simplify a couple things so I can have it done by Next week hopefully... I'll probably find myself another hobby with the fam too!! nice pick up!!

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

Nice, I love those rc cars. I've kinda always wanted to build one myself.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Archived