03 RF Lancer amp swap. Punch replaces Power series.

Nice I like rc cars too.

I have a rustler vxl on a 3s lipo and let me tell you going fast just breaks more stuff stay slow have fun.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

That's awesome! A guy at work is really into Rc cars and was just telling me about his and one he bought for his son, sounded pretty sweet what you could do with them and to them. Basically like mini cars with all the upgrades available.

Hope you and the fam had a nice holiday season, and hope you catch the audio bug again soon :)

Ya we had a great holiday season and now the wedding is a month away so getting ready for that too. I was getting my ass chewed on for the time i was spending on the car so i thought it best to take a break.

Ya these cars are money pits and so far i have spent more time upgrading and fixing than driving. But they are fun.

VERY Nice :D I'm a big kid when it comes to electronics!! I'm so close to the point you are with my girl bitching lol.. so I decided to simplify a couple things so I can have it done by Next week hopefully... I'll probably find myself another hobby with the fam too!! nice pick up!!

Ya i have been following your build as well. Ya it was $250 for santas round. Then another $300 out of pocket for batterys, chargers and upgrades. So not cheap but not breaking the bank either. Good luck on finishing the build. Tuned in for how it turns out.

Nice, I love those rc cars. I've kinda always wanted to build one myself.

Thanks, these are RTR (ready to run) The technology is amazing. They have 30cc 2-stroke 1/8 scale for $500 and they are cool as hell. They even make superchargers for these things any more. Lots to choose from and lots of companys building them so it doesnt have to break the bank.

Nice I like rc cars too.

I have a rustler vxl on a 3s lipo and let me tell you going fast just breaks more stuff stay slow have fun.

Ya i am finding that out the hard way. Driving is good but bashing causes breaking. Spent 2 hours fixing EPX Pro after 20 minutes of run time! lol Its hard not to want to thrash them a little. Just like like having a bad ass system and keeping it @ 1/4 volume! Cant be done! But it nice to have a little collection so if one breaks just throw it aside and grab another.

I just went through and read your whole build over the last few days!!

I love your attention to detail/OCD-ness! Reminds me a bit about the way I do things haha. Of course it's usually never the fastest way but when it's done you know you don't have to worry "if only I....."

Love the build and can't wait to see you start cracking on it again!

Congrats on the wedding man!

Chris

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

I just went through and read your whole build over the last few days!!

I love your attention to detail/OCD-ness! Reminds me a bit about the way I do things haha. Of course it's usually never the fastest way but when it's done you know you don't have to worry "if only I....."

Love the build and can't wait to see you start cracking on it again!

Congrats on the wedding man!

Chris

Thanks man! Its been a lot work over the last few years and the rush to get it done has finally slipped away. Trying to enjoy the process and hobby more. It will be march when i return from Maui so spring will be around the corner to finish build.

The RC hobby i can work on in doors and the family can join in as well.

• 1 month later...

NO NEW CAR UPDATES.

RC hobby is killing time until it warms up a bit more. Hopefully next week. 7 Degrees today.

So i got those 2 nitro cars for free, I got one running and had the Chassis lying around and knew I wanted to upgrade brushless truck with it and other Aluminum parts which i have been buying since after christmas. 90% came from China and can take some time to get here, but usually in 10 days or so.

Upgrades due to truck tearing its self apart. Spent about $70+ on parts. Plus its a fun tinkering hobby inside at the table. I put like 12 hrs in yesterday knocking these upgrades out.

IMG_2114_zpsmsoyqotp.jpg

STOCK CHASSIS.

IMG_2116_zpskjtquev4.jpg

So the aluminum chassis didnt have all the holes needed for the brushless to work.

IMG_2118_zpspk0usxma.jpg

So Youtube vid a guy talks about using paper to trace the hole pattern and tape to the aluminum chassis. Tried it and was a pain in the ass, so looking at it i said to myself....why dont i just bolt the two together.

IMG_2119_zpsqwkabqez.jpg

Bolted together and time to drill some holes. Also had to dremel out for motor and diffs. Took a couple hours, especially with single digit temps out.

IMG_2122_zpsaycju13l.jpg

Motor and diffs installed.

IMG_2127_zpsa9yjom4t.jpg

Suspension & Drive train installed, now time for electronics.

IMG_2129_zpszirjrcxv.jpg

Electronics in, wires managed neatly.

IMG_2132_zpsulcq03un.jpg

Installed motor heat sink & fan for summer time cooling.

IMG_2135_zpshlmkuxil.jpg

Back together, Did a midnight test outside but to dark to go to far. And to cold to play with today.

IMG_2136_zpskjxb5nfs.jpg

Front and rear bumpers are HSP off the Nitro burner and have extra bracing and springs inside for dampening. Kinda cool, but stronger than what was on it.

IMG_2137_zpsl05989is.jpg

A peek underneath.

IMG_2139_zpsancoduik.jpg

Same trucks... well they were. Top one is the wifes, its a brushed motor. Bottom one is mine with upgrades.

These are Redcat Volcano's. Cheaper RCs, the brushed one is slowww. But just order brushless ESC & motor combo to upgrade for the wife. I will tune it down some for her and give her the smaller battery's. $80 for upgrades plus now i have a ton of parts for it.

My 1/10 scale is modded pretty good now, running 3S 11.1 volt 5000mah lipo batterys. Need to tune the PUNCH down some, broke main drive shaft a few weeks ago and ordered 2 to replace. To Much Punch to snap that fucker. I know these are low end RCs and i see why now, design is unstable but if you drive it knowing it, its not to bad. Truck is fast... close to 50 mph.

When it was warm out last week i got the nitro burner out, Had to swap motors out. Pull cord broke and that motor had more run time on it. I got a few tanks of fuel through it tuning and main center gear broke.(plastic bullshit!) I order steel replacement and will be here tomorrow. This truck was free with a bit of work, fuel, TLC it works well. Pretty fast also, around 40 mph.

My sons 1/18 scale truck i upgraded also, it does 45 mph which being so small is funny to see it go so fast.

CAR UPGRADES SOON.

Those look awesome!!!

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

Those look awesome!!!

Thanks, fun little winter hobby. Soon to be family fun in the summer.

I just took the truck out for a spin in the drive way and yard. Thing is fucking fast! high performance gear & bearing lubes and grease. I need to adjust shocks and suspension, to much body roll. tune down ESC before i break drive train. I have about 3-4 days working on other rc's to get them ready for summer until i get back to the system.

Archived