Help dd-1 user error

Ok so I just got a dd-1 yesterday tired it 4-5 times and then again today, but I've yet to find a signal.. Head unit is a pioneer 980bt amp is a fosgate 800-4 bd.. I watch all the videos, read the manual even searched the forum.. But dammit to no avail. I cut the gain now freq all the way up . Clip to amp ground and positive probe in to amp.. I don't even get a signal if the rcas are directly plugged in to the dd-1 please help

Edited by THEKINGsBACK

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

Check that the subwoofer control on your head unit is turned to max.

Also, are you able to get a distortion light but just no signal light? I've had that happen on some LOCs.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

What kind of rcas do you have ? And are you setting a bass amp or 4ch amp. It is probably the rcas not grounding to the dd1 right or you could be using the wrong track..track 1 is 40 htz to test head unit clipping from rcas for bass.. track 2 is 1k htz to test head unit clipping from rcas for highs..I had a problem like this from my jl audio rcas..they were either too loose on the grounding ring of the rcas or too big...is the device turning on? It doesnt come included with batteries..u gotta remove the rubber case and put a 9v batt in the back..testing the head unit you have to turn the volume on the head unit up until u see a signal.then until u see distortion..If you have done all of this and still no signal I would suggest buying a cheap 3ft rca wire and pulling the headunit out..connect the 3ft to your preouts on the headunit and then from there to the dd1 and see if you still dnt see a signal. Its not very often the dd1 will be defective..they test them before they sell them.

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

What kind of rcas do you have ? And are you setting a bass amp or 4ch amp. It is probably the rcas not grounding to the dd1 right or you could be using the wrong track..track 1 is 40 htz to test head unit clipping from rcas for bass.. track 2 is 1k htz to test head unit clipping from rcas for highs..I had a problem like this from my jl audio rcas..they were either too loose on the grounding ring of the rcas or too big...is the device turning on? It doesnt come included with batteries..u gotta remove the rubber case and put a 9v batt in the back..testing the head unit you have to turn the volume on the head unit up until u see a signal.then until u see distortion..If you have done all of this and still no signal I would suggest buying a cheap 3ft rca wire and pulling the headunit out..connect the 3ft to your preouts on the headunit and then from there to the dd1 and see if you still dnt see a signal. Its not very often the dd1 will be defective..they test them before they sell them.

Lets start here.

Are you trying to get a signal through the amp? What signal? The 40 or the 1k ?

I HATE going through the amp. I dont see why youd get a DD1, and then go throught the amp.,, but,.. anyway, lets start here.

Answer those, and we will move on

Edited by KyLar96

you said you are testing a 4 channel,

you put the dd-1 probe on "-" of either left or right, not positive

edit: Also, some rca's have a hard time plugging all the way into the DD-1, so that may be part of why you don't get signal off the rca's

Edited by strangeduck