Second Skin Audio

Regular Cab truck Box

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OP you have gotten some good advice that i concur with, seeing that i have a regular (single) cab pick-up. Your design is pretty much same as mine, but its for a single 12''. If you plan on going ported you deff wont have room for two 10''s or 12''s. Sealed would just barely give you the space for two 10''s. I personally would do the two 8's as suggested, thats in my future plans also. You do have the room for Two 8's in a ported enclosure and they will do wonders. Anyways that's just my 2 cents, good luck on whatever you decide.

truthsayer

I know two 8's doesn't seem like it will sound that great but in a nicely designed ported box it will sound waayyy better than stuffing 10's into a tight box. What kind of music does your friend listen to? Maybe one 10 with a good amount of power? I have an extra cab (not much more room) with a single 10 in a ported box I built and am hitting 137.9db sealed. Also sounds great on music so I'd say either of those options.

Sealed would just barely give you the space for two 10''s.

I beg to differ I got a reg cab dakota which are smaller then the full size truck running 2 sd-2 10 in separate box each about .7cf I had to let the seat up 1 click and I'm 6'2 still got leg room.so full size truck should have more room for a bigger box then mine.

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

Anybody? Its this or a ebay special prefab

With some slight modifications it can be done, NOT saying is necessarily the best option but it's still an option, the following is just a concept and is not meant to be built:

Tuning: 35 Hz

Net Volume: 2.3 ft^3

External Height: 16"

External Width: 60"

External Depth: 8.5"

External Depth2: 5.5"

Slant angle: 79.4 deg.

Ports:

Number of Ports: 3

Pipe Port Diameter: 3

Pipe Port Length: 18

External Length: 5

2x12SL_zps5687ce22.jpg

One other option may be 3 SD-2 8", I wouldn't recommend sealed unless you have listened and liked it before.

Run two Sundown E12s sealed in 1 cube each. If not, pick up some heavier hitting 8s, like the SA8 and go ported with around .60-.75 cubes per.

Listen to some regular cabs and see what you like. I've been sealed and ported and prefer ported. I definitely didn't hate sealed though. I like the better low end and little more output of the ported enclosure in the trucks I've done.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

If you are going with SD2s then stay sealed. SD2s were designed for great output in small tight sealed enclosures where there isn't room for a ported box. Perfect for trucks.

09 F 150 Supercab

2 Sundown Sd-2 8s

Rockford r-750-1

Rockford 6x8s

Rockford r-250-4

Pioneer avh1500

Big 3 upgrade

If you are going with SD2s then stay sealed. SD2s were designed for great output in small tight sealed enclosures where there isn't room for a ported box. Perfect for trucks.

That sub can also work perfectly well in a ported enclosure though. It isn't strictly for sealed.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived