Sonic Electronix

*sticky* Free Tech support

do you have dimmer or illum hooked up to the deck?

No i did not hook the dimmer wire up
does that deck have an outboard dc-dc convertor?
Not that I am aware of. It is a Rockford Fosgate RFX9420 dead head deck.
do you have a cheapo pioneer deck or something to try?

Actually I do have a cheeeeeepo laying around somewhere.

Yesterday my speakers worked perfectly... Today i turned on my car listened to my music. immediately i noticed HORRIBLE DISTORTION coming out of my front Left speaker. So i take it out and make sure its connected properly, yes.. Still does it.. So i replaced it with a BRAND new speaker. Still does the same exact thing. Checked coils on both speakers. Read 4 ohms like they are suppose too. Took headunit out ALL connections are good. All speaker wire is good.

Im stumped i really need some help

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Do you have amp running them?

If so flip flop the rcas at the amp. Meaning left-right and right -left.

Noise move sides?

If yes then prob bad rca

If no

Then swap the speaker wire outputs at the amp. Left to right

Right to left

If it changes sides = bad amp channel

If it stays on that side.... Disconnect your speaker and hook a speaker right to the amp output. With a short piece of wire.

Telm me what you find

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Pull the deck out and hook speaker right to the back of the deck.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Ray, heres a question for you for an 18v system. My highs amps run on 12v, but the sub amps im looking at getting are 18v stable, so im wanting to go 18v. Running a couple step-downs to the car isnt an issue, my problem is powering the 12v highs amps, as stepdowns are not cheap at all and having to run 10 of those for highs amps isnt an option. I want to stick with XS but I had an idea: in my D1600 bank of batteries, would running a couple Kinetik 16v batteries be alright, seeing as I can run the car or atleast the highs amps off those 12v posts without the need of stepdowns, while still running both my alts on the 18v bank. Ive seen people mix 12v batteries countless times with no issues, what would be the issues, if any, with this setup? :pardon::popcorn:

Pull the deck out and hook speaker right to the back of the deck.

How the F*** do i do that??? the speaker wire is connected to the harness, Im also when i get a chance im redoing the connectors

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Cut the left front speaker output right at the deck. Its the white pair.

And hook your speaker right to it.

Need to make sure its not your wire run.

As for the 18v.

Yes just buy a kinetik and run the 12v part to your highs amp.

Easy fix.

Xs/kinetik/shuriken/. Its all the same shit. Imo

You dont think they actually make their own batts do you? Lol

Cut the left front speaker output right at the deck. Its the white pair.

And hook your speaker right to it.

Need to make sure its not your wire run.

As for the 18v.

Yes just buy a kinetik and run the 12v part to your highs amp.

Easy fix.

Xs/kinetik/shuriken/. Its all the same shit. Imo

You dont think they actually make their own batts do you? Lol

I thought they made them from scratch with Santa's elfs. :cray:

:peepwall:

From the enclosure design thread. Figured this would be a better place.

I wouldnt really suggest much without plotting and making sure it was the best idea.

There are some setups i know off the top of my head, but not many.

You could always post the question and maybe get lucky.

Dont get butthurt if your not lucky

Yup. I think I'm screwed. lol

Its a T3 T400-12. D4. The catch is, it isn't going into a car. Its for out-of-doors. T3 recommends going 50% bigger for open room performance, but since A) This isn't going into a room, and 2) IDK how to tune it, I don't know where I should go with this. IDK whether I should do a larger than spec enclosure since it is out in the open since it would have nothing to load off of, and I don't know if I should tune higher for more "regular content" output, or lower for the safety of never dropping below tuning.

Even if you can't give me specifics, I'm cool. I'd just like to have some general idea of where I should go with this.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Archived