Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Digital Designs 9512 box help plz


Bass^3

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have 2 digital designs 9512's and am in need of direction with the box.The subs will be going in a suburban.max measurements I have to work with are 20 H

48 w

20 D

Right now it will be powered with MA Audio 2000d that is claiming 1800 watt rms.Thanks in advance for the help.This will be a Christmas gift for my lil girl so really would like to do it right the first time.

Posted

Man you dont need a bigger amp. Just make an Efficient box. I have two 9515's on about the same power. With my experience with the 15's they like a lot of port. Most would say small box big port. Dont for your power. Do about 5 cbft and 150 sqin of port.

Posted

are you really recommending 30 sq inches of port per cube?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

I love how most of you talk about everything besides what he asked. Just answer his damn question, shoot for somewhere around 2-2.5 cubes after displacement per sub, 16sqin of port per cube tuned to 36-38hz. That's just my opinion though.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Posted

I love how most of you talk about everything besides what he asked. Just answer his damn question, shoot for somewhere around 2-2.5 cubes after displacement per sub, 16sqin of port per cube tuned to 36-38hz. That's just my opinion though.

Are you confident that your enclosure suggestion will perform?Those subs will laugh at that power. The design needs to be specially catered for very low power, meaning extra volume to gain efficiency to make up for lack of power. For those subs, port area should be anywhere from 100-120" for a 36Hz tune. Volume should be on the larger side of suggested, 2.5-3(per sub)cubes even.

I didn't make an enclosure suggestion because I wouldn't recommend that sub with such little power of he wants the most out of it. Its the same thing when someone says I want to run to 15s in my trunk, but I only have around 3 cubic feet gross or airspace I can sacrifice. Then don't get 15s....

And 100" divided by 5 cubes is 20" per foot. 120" divided by 5 is 24" per foot. The sub has 30M of Xmax, it will need more port than most subs, regardless of airspace.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 5337 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...