Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Digital Designs 9512 box help plz


Bass^3

Recommended Posts

Posted

I love how most of you talk about everything besides what he asked. Just answer his damn question, shoot for somewhere around 2-2.5 cubes after displacement per sub, 16sqin of port per cube tuned to 36-38hz. That's just my opinion though.

And you're confident that your enclosure suggestion will perform?Those subs will laugh at that power. The design needs to be specially catered for very low power, meaning extra volume to gain efficiency to make up for lack of power. For those subs, port area should be anywhere from 100-120" for a 36Hz tune. Volume should be on the larger side of suggested, 2.5-3(per sub)cubes even.

I didn't make an enclosure suggestion because I wouldn't recommend that sub with such little power of he wants the most out of it. Its the same thing when someone says I want to run to 15s in my trunk, but I only have around 3 cubic feet gross or airspace I can sacrifice. Then don't get 15s....

for the love of god and everything holy, HAD YOU SAID THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE I WOULDN'T HAVE SAID SHIT. How hard is it for you to say, "that's not going to be enough power, but given the power you're running you should just build a more efficient enclosure" and then give your input on the box specs? Yes I am confident that it will perform, a fucking sealed box will perform too, now if it will be the best possible enclosure, no i'm not. I'm also not really sure where this whole misconception of not having enough power for subs comes from. Motor force is king.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Posted

Yeah, I realize power isn't everything. Even though everyone knows it's going to take more than 800-1000W to make the subs perform.

The whole reason I commented(with humor) was to A) Be funny and B)Watch the thread so I could later make my suggestion.

I'm usually really helpful with enclosure suggestions and help a lot of members. With am EBP of 100, that sub really tends to favor a ported alignment rather than sealed as well. Sealed would work and not sound awful, but it's really suited for a bass reflex enclosure.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

port doesnt make it efficient. Id bet if he built a box with that much port they would sound terrible and perform almost as if they were freeair.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

I have 2 digital designs 9512's and am in need of direction with the box.The subs will be going in a suburban.max measurements I have to work with are 20 H

48 w

20 D

Right now it will be powered with MA Audio 2000d that is claiming 1800 watt rms.Thanks in advance for the help.This will be a Christmas gift for my lil girl so really would like to do it right the first time.

Manufacturer knows their stuff best, just do the largest box at the bottom of the list:

http://www.ddaudio.com/support/dd-box

Better to do the right box now and and get an amp later (if needed) than make the wrong box now and have to redo it later if you upgrade the amp.

Posted

I don't think 100" of port is too crazy of a number for a sub with 30MM of Xmax.

20 inches no. but its still a little high and going to be peaky. 30 inches per cube though? Id never even consider anything musical at that much port area. 17-18 sq inches of port is the max I'd consider for a daily driver. Especially if there is going to be any chance of an upgrade to more power in the future.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

Yeah I was purely going from formula N8, which obviously in practice and real world may not be ideal. I didn't know you were responding more to the 30" guy.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

Thank you for the time to respond to the tread.Well understood on lack of power.It is a Christmas gift and subs are already paid for.However on the plus side the amp hasn't been purchased yet.The Ma Audio 4000d is more then I had planned to spend but since really was wanting to do right the first time it is next purchase.Could I Plz get pointed in the right direction as to 2-9512 powered by a Ma Audio 4000D as far as the box goes.Thanks again for the honesty about lack of power for these subs.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 5337 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...