03 S10 dash speaker suggestions?

03 Xtreme Fosgate

I'm considering changing my RF T1462's out of my dash with some RF 6.5 comps but not sure which ones to go with. They will be fiberglassed in the dash where the factory 4x6 location is but I would like some suggestions. I'm wanting to keep it RF since that's what most all my gear is and it will be powered off either a P500.4 or T400.4. I already have a set of T2652's in the doors and I'm putting another set of T2's in the doors(maybe one set in kicks instead) and set of T3652's either in doors or kicks.. Don't get me wrong the 4x6's sound good and get loud but I'm up for suggestions as to replacing them with a comp set glassed in.. I'm currently looking at the T1652-S, T1675-S, T165-S or a 3rd set of T2652's to put there.

Why? I thought you really loved the 4X6's? It's gonna be a lot of work to add comps up there plus if you are adding even more speakers to your whole setup maybe you should wait till after you get the rest in the kicks/doors then decide if you want something more in the dash?

I am all for you glassing some comps in the dash though, HEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLL YEEEEEEAAA always in for mooooooooore. BUT I have no suggestions. =( Not sure what to recommend.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

A set of T265 on the dash & kicker panels with the ones you have in your doors would be sick.

I think T2's would be a little too sick.. lol

Why? I thought you really loved the 4X6's? It's gonna be a lot of work to add comps up there plus if you are adding even more speakers to your whole setup maybe you should wait till after you get the rest in the kicks/doors then decide if you want something more in the dash?

I am all for you glassing some comps in the dash though, HEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLL YEEEEEEAAA always in for mooooooooore. BUT I have no suggestions. =( Not sure what to recommend.

Oh I do love the 4x6's but I was talking in my build log about putting comps up there and it has me thinking about that.... again... I probably will wait to see what the rest sounds like but I was wanting to get them while they're still available online and on sale bcus they might not be online anymore after RF releases new power series next year.. I know Sonic won't be getting anymore RF products thus the reason they're about sold out of everything now.. I will be ordering my T3's from them tmrw though,I've already been told I'm getting a deal on them.

You know me man, i am anal about having all matching equipment. Thats why i say go all T265s.

I hear ya but I think the T2's would be a little too much firing at the windshield,that's why I've been looking at T1's or even some P1's are tempting so it won't be too much

Personally, I think you should just build up some badass door panels and do 2 sets of comps in each door. I took my dash speakers out, But it would be badass to see some glassed in dash speakers.

Current setup in my 96 Hoe

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Amps - (4) Crossfire C5 1700D's, MTX Thunder 5604(mids), PPI Art 300.2 (tweets)

Batts - 4 91ah rear batts, 50ah batt up front.

Subs - 2 Crossfire XSv2 18's

Alt - Singer 330A

Front stage - Random JL & Eclipse mids, Eclipse tweets

Personally, I think you should just build up some badass door panels and do 2 sets of comps in each door. I took my dash speakers out, But it would be badass to see some glassed in dash speakers.

There's going to be 2 sets glassed in the doors already,either 2 sets of T2's in doors with T3's in the kicks or 1 set of T2/T3's in doors with a set of T2's in kicks..

I seen some on a recent build in a blazer or some smaller chevy truck and it looked super simple and sick. I think he used 5 1/4s. 2 sets on the doors + kickers would be sweet too.

Archived