HID question

if you using decent HIDs that require extra power wire / grounding. the factory plug is just to turn them on and off... im sure that you can use separate relay for them

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

Can you install HIDs on a relay and not connect to your factory plug??

I know a couple of people that have had problems running them through relays I guess it messes with the ballast and causes flickering permanently. And they weren't cheap hids either.

Mine were the opposite. I had flickering and would have a headlight go out, but since running them threw a relay it eliminated the issue for the most part. I have a flicker on my passenger side again, but its not caused by the relay, just haven't taken to the time to narrow it down to wiring, ballast or bulb. Granted mine were cheap ebay hids as well.

Mines triggered from the factory plug, however in theory as long as you have power/ground/trigger to the relay then it should work fine, so I don't see why you couldn't make a relay harness and use a switch in place of the factory plug.

It's possible you could run into issues with daytime running lights or something that may give you warning lights or errors or something however though.

pgsig.png

Anytime you have a flicker from the relay kit, you need the capacitors installed. Drl circuits have pwm circuits so the cap stabilizes it. That's why it flickers.

Running a toggle will work just fine op.

1999 GMC Yukon, 6 PSI platform 5 18's, 4th order bandpass by BHE, Taramps,

Archived