Measuring@Headrest vs. Dash

Meka

My truck has driver side port but my score in the driver seat pass door open is like 2db lower than pass seat driver door open at 39hz.

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

Well I guess good thing I'm not going to be competing officially. However I will have burp and music numbers after TD. burp numbers off my usaci CD. And I got a few songs I wanna see what I hit.

My teammate has a 20xx honda accord 2 door with 2 XFL 12's on a Soundqubed 2200, subs rear firing burping at 47hz he did a 144.7 at the headrest. He has a H/O alt, only front battery hooked up at the time and one run +/- Just to give you an idea

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander
Sony 712

Soundqubed HDS208

Alpine MRV-M500

Transmission line enclosure

Soundqubed wiring

Knu rca

XS Power battery

CNF terminals

I compete in Meca and have for a couple years now. with all things being the same, 39-47hz is the sweet spot for Meca, seems to be what the meter likes at that position. I burp at 53hz in Meca and do a 150.4 (unofficially) and a 149.4 last season was my highest score. In IASCA, sealed on the dash I was .4-1 db louder, due to higher tuning. I consider under 30hz burping to be tuned low for Meca. Most of the competitors that have walls put the port on the driver side and meter at the driver headrest with passenger door open.

You burp frequency is pretty high for meca. :) My buddy David burp around that frequency as well in his SUV for meca single zv3 on aq3500.1 did a 151db

My Build Log- T E A M S U N D O W N A U D I O -

2013 DbDrag WF SS1-2 - 5th Place 154.6db

2013 MECA Mod3 CA State Final Champ 153.4db

Powered by: Sundown Audio

Well I guess good thing I'm not going to be competing officially. However I will have burp and music numbers after TD. burp numbers off my usaci CD. And I got a few songs I wanna see what I hit.

My teammate has a 20xx honda accord 2 door with 2 XFL 12's on a Soundqubed 2200, subs rear firing burping at 47hz he did a 144.7 at the headrest. He has a H/O alt, only front battery hooked up at the time and one run +/- Just to give you an idea

Lol i actually did a 44.8 outlaw. 47hz Skar 2500. Shit box. Sealed off forward. Front and rear AGM battery. Battery decently dead from demoing all day. CCA wire, grounded to strut towers.

But since then I've doubled power. Got a way better box. Got way better electrical. And it sounds wayyyyyyy the hell louder. I am hoping for a 48+. I'll keep everyone informed. I'm still getting used to this metering thing. Its a skill for sure. I'm just a noob who did what the judge was telling me to do. I even pre maturly ran my run because I forgot to honk my horn (I was excited)

But since I'm not competing I'll be able to do a whole bunch of testing, and not limited to 2 runs. That was intimidating with a whole crowd of people around me.

Maybe in spring when I replace my batteries and alternator I'll try competing again and not be soooo noobish this time. It's harder then It looks IMO.

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

I don't have a choice if I want max spl, my vehicle peaks at 53hz. But I still do pnp though. I enjoy meca and I really like street class. I compete in S4. And I'm all about the fusing. Sort of levels out the playing field.

Sony 712

Soundqubed HDS208

Alpine MRV-M500

Soundqubed wiring

Knu rca

XS Power battery

CNF terminals

We had a car that peaked at 70hz did a 152.x db drag style ddid a 146 meca new box tunned to 42hz for meca was over a 150 sooooo for headrest the car peak is not everything

Out of curiosity was the car a crx? My vehicle peaks at 53 FOR Meca. I've never tested resonant frequency for any other organization. In Meca my car peaks at 53 which is where I see my highest SPL number. For 3 years I've tried lots of designs and boxes and spent a lot of money on wood and did everything I could to gain that 1db. I was so desperate I tried what other people have said knowing that there was a real GOOD chance that design would suck ass, and it usually did LOL. I've got a lot of time in my vehicle for Meca for the little number I'm doing. Maybe one day I'll figure out what needs to be done and finally hit the number I want.

Sony 712

Soundqubed HDS208

Alpine MRV-M500

Soundqubed wiring

Knu rca

XS Power battery

CNF terminals

Archived