My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

I went out today and took out the CT sounds 1400.1 and installed the CT sounds 2500. So I had the Soundqubed HDC 3 12 dual 1ohm sub wired to .5 ohms on the 1400.1 So I took it out and wired it to 2 ohms to run it off the 2500 just because .5 should be able to cook this sub. I was going to run the dual 2 ohm sub I have at 1 ohm but decided not to do it yet. I am going to run this one like it is for a bit then after I get the re cone for it I will throw it in and see if it can take it.

To me the sub is a bit louder and cleaner off the 2500 @ 2 ohms. I like it. Cant wait to get the 1400 sold so I can get a re cone and materials to build a new box.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Ok so I sold my 1400.1 to a buddy of mine today so it's time to order a 're cone kit for my sub.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Just got off the phone with soundqubed and I found out they don't make the 're cone for my sub yet. So they said they have an hdc 3 12dual 1 ohm that was a return open box that they will swap for my dual 2 ohm sub. Just pay shipping. So if it's less than 100 bucks total than good deal for me. Happy with their service so far.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Well I got some cash from my buddy for the amp so now it's time to build a box. The dual 2ohm subwoofer is on its way to soundqubed for exchange for the dual 1ohm.

I am going to build this box out of 3/4 13 ply baltic birch. I am going to the lumber yard tomorrow to checkout the selection . No not home depot or Lowes a real lumber store.

Can't wait to get started.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

I can't wait to see/hear it with that 2500 and the other sub! 4k on two 12s in a truck....niiiiiiiice!!! :) :)

God I can't to start my small build too! I've accumulated 95% the pieces I wanted for the build I'm starting soon just need a sub amp and wood! Your "small" build has motivated and inspired me alot! Thank you sir!

Ok after trying to find real birch 13 ply plywood I realized its either hard to find or damn expensive. So the new box will be made out of 3/4 MDF and I will kerf the port. Then I will figure out what I want to do with it as far as finish etc. I may get a sheet of 1/4' oak ply and go over the box with it just because I like the real wood look but I also like the textured paint they have out now.

I will make that decision when I come to it. I think I will go pick up the MDF tomorrow. This time I am going to set up my 12'x12' pop up out in the driveway and do all my cuts out there. Got way way too much MDF dust on my Chevelle and all over the garage. Need to keep it clean this time. Also will be dusty with all the kerfing that will be done.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Hey man, vids look good. Glad to see you finally got some pics and vids posted only took a few months and arm twisting. You'll want another set of comps to keep up with all that sub stage you'll have going on. Looks great and keep the pics and vids coming.

Sorry i didnt shout out some love earlier but i just got back from Hawaii this morning.

Its all good. Hope you had a great time in Hawaii. Yes I am going to start saving for another set of RE's but the price has gone up so I will have to wait till I get a deal.

I went today and purchased the 3/4" MDF for my new box. Might be able to get started cutting all the pieces tomorrow and practice my kerfing.

Still working on box design. LOL

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Archived