My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

Got started on the speaker ring pods for my second set of RE's for the doors. Also got my Soundqubed Q mat . I got 40SQ FT which is more than I need but hey I will figure out were to put it. My truck is going to weigh 200lbs more just from sound deadening. lol

I got the rings and base glued and are clamped right now. I will see if I can work on getting them installed tomorrow. I did take the seat out and ran the speaker wire under the carpet.

th_20140425_132054_zps7wp2ohmb.jpg

th_20140425_132058_zpsb5wf5qy8.jpg

th_20140425_134108_zps5iuyhxop.jpg

Here are some gut shots of the Soundqubed 2200

th_20140425_141913_zpsdrk94ejz.jpg

Installed pic

th_20140425_154311_zps3b1y2wwq.jpg

Got Q-Mat ???

th_20140425_155918_zpsljbkvamf.jpg

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

We want VIDS! lol

Ya Ya Ya.... LOL

Well I decided to snuggle up to Soundqubed's Nutts and ordered a 120.4 :)

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

We want VIDS! lol

Ya Ya Ya.... LOL

Getting rid of all the CT Stuff huh? NUTHUGGER! lol

We want VIDS! lol

Ya Ya Ya.... LOL

Getting rid of all the CT Stuff huh? NUTHUGGER! lol

I wouldn't say getting rid of,,,, Just trying something different.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Damn that sucked and I still have one door left to do. My fucking OCD kicked in today when doing my doors. I had 50mil GT mat inside the doors and under the door card. I was going to just remove the stuff under the door card and leave the stuff inside the door and just cover it with the Q - mat. Well after removing it I decided well I might as well do it right and get it all out. All I can say is this shit stuck damn good. It was a royal pain in the ass to get it all out from inside the door. My advice to anyone that is going to sound deaden their doors is DO IT ONCE DO IT RIGHT! Ok it took about 20-30 min to get the door and about 2 1/2 hours to get it off the inside. Cut the fuck out of my arms reaching through the holes ln the door trying to get it out. I fucking did it.

After that I attached the speaker pod, cut the hole for the tweet, installed the new Q-mat, it took 3 1/2 sheets to cover the entire inside and out side of the door ( which is pretty kick ass shit), cut the door panel up, ran the wires into the door and wired up the speakers in the drivers side door. All I have to do is wire them up to the crossover and then to the amp. Wires are ran already for that.

Then I have to do the other fucking door AAAHHH!!!

Ok so huge difference in sound deadening between the GT mat and Q mat. GT mat is shit compared to Q mat and I will never use it again.

I have a idea how I am going to finish off the doors but its hard for me to explain. When I get going on them it will be easier to explain but they should turn out nice.

So on to the pics

Start removing GT mat from out side of door

th_20140426_094919_zpshxfncetz.jpg

Outside done now to start on the inside.

th_20140426_103550_zpskgdqfq4v.jpg

Inside done

th_20140426_131107_zpsrnikruz1.jpg

Clean GT mat free

th_20140426_131124_zpsm2ariflm.jpg

Pile of GT mat shit

th_20140426_131204_zpsaxibsmtp.jpg

Inside done with Q mat

th_20140426_134345_zpswb1mu9jh.jpg

Too tired and didn't take a pic of the outside done but it is trust me. lol

Speakers and tweets

th_20140426_194917_zpszkn3p4aj.jpg

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

DUDE!!!! What happens with the CT sub amps!?? I'm on mobile and I red like 4 pages back!!! Damn!!! I ALMOST ordered the SQ2200 over the CT1400"!!!!! Damn, CT got bigger and just fell off of the high quality huh!???, sadly like most others, get bigger and lose quality!!! I'm looking too sell my CT1400.1 now after this ill just get a sundown 2500.1 to match my SAX-125.4 like my first first plan since I already have the 125.4!!! Damn, sucks I tho!!!

DUDE!!!! What happens with the CT sub amps!?? I'm on mobile and I red like 4 pages back!!! Damn!!! I ALMOST ordered the SQ2200 over the CT1400"!!!!! Damn, CT got bigger and just fell off of the high quality huh!???, sadly like most others, get bigger and lose quality!!! I'm looking too sell my CT1400.1 now after this ill just get a sundown 2500.1 to match my SAX-125.4 like my first first plan since I already have the 125.4!!! Damn, sucks I tho!!!

I think the problem was install and not the amp. When taking the subs out of the box to inspect things after blowing the second amp I noticed that the POS and NEG terminal lugs were very close almost touching. That morning when it blew it made a big thump sound and I turned it off. Then a couple min later I tried to turn it on again and big thump. I was getting pissed and I kept trying it until it smoked. Then when I got to work I looked behind the box to see if anything was touching and I turned the bolt that goes through the box a little. I think that's why when I pulled the sub out the wires were just close and not touching.

So I wouldn't blame CT Sounds I would blame ME!! The CT Sounds 3000 amp makes a lot of power. I just don't think my electrical could quite handle it though. Trying to run close to 4500 w total with both amps off a 180 amp alt and one battery up front. That's one of the reason for the down size in amps. The other is I love to change my mind all the time.

I will post a vid soon of the subs slamming.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Archived