My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

Well I got the RE audio 8 and kenwood installed. It adds a nice amount of bass. I need to get the gain dialed in but for now I have it turned down. I also want to take the re audio xxx components and run them off their own channel with the supplied crossovers and run the soundqubed coax on their own channel just to see what it will sound like. I just want a more rich sound and I think I am on the right track. Just need to find a used DD1 to get everything dialed in.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

I will but its really kinda lame compared to what I had. Although I did do a quality install with nice soldered connections, proper wire gauge and fuses.

I need to do some playing with the settings on the deck to get a nice medium for rock,rap and metal sound.

I am trying to get another DD1 from the forsale section so I can atleast get the most out of this amp. I should of never sold my first DD1. Oh well live and learn.

Hey bcbrassard thanks for the like.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

no problem man! Watched your whole build progress when you started. Sometimes you have to scale back the system. Still interested in what you did for a good sound.

Ok things are changing again. I am going to upgrade my amps. I am running a SQ 120.4 for the front and the kenwood 500w amp for the sub. What I did was purchase a Rockford Fosgate p1000x5 to replace both amps. I will run the RE Audio xxx 6.5 component set bridged at 2ohms through the supplied crossover for the front and rear channels. Then I will run the RE audio 8 off the sub channel at 4 ohms which is around 300 watts rms so should be fine for that sub. I am looking at going to a different 8 inch sub but I am not sure yet what I want. I want to stay with 8inch for the little space it takes. This amp puts out about 800w dynamic @1ohm on the sub channel so there is room to grow the sub power.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Well now I went and did it. Went to a movie this afternoon then came home and sat on my ass looking on the computer. I eneded up buying a SQ HDS-8 dual 2 ohm sub to run off the rockford fosgate p1000x5. It should see close to 800w dynamic running at 1 ohm according to the specs on the amp. Soundqubed rated this sub at 600w RMS and 1200 max so the sub should be getting plenty of power. I will run it in the prefab box as its in the range that soundqubed recommends for this sub. They recommend a box from .076^ft , 1.00 , 1.25^ft tuned from 35-40 Hz. My box is .086 and tuned to 35Hz so it should work decent. I will take pics as soon as stuff starts coming in.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

I will be re doing my door panels. I will take off the double speaker ring and cut and install a new single for the RE audio 6.5 Then I need to take out the double tweeter mounts and make up a single for the RE audio tweeter.

When I made the door panel I made the speaker rings removable from the door panel board. It will be easy to make a single mount and covering the two holes. I will keep the double ring just incase I decide I need two sets of RE audio 6.5 component sets. :)

Yes as soon as the work starts I will take pics. lol

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Archived