My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

PICS? Sounds like its coming along. You are stereo bridged right? I have a T400-4 Bridged for 2 RF P3 8" in my kick panels it was the first time i every stereo bridged a 4 ch amp. Sounds good @ 8 ohms, going to rewire down to 2 ohm for more power.

This is how my doors turned out. After a said and done it sounds pretty good but i would go a nice easy 3-way front stage for SQ next time. I wanted loud i got. Wifes system is the SQ one.

IMG_2594_zpsysjciz95.jpg?1476239472278&1

03 Lancer front stage.

IMG_2484_zpsxm9epzi4.jpg?1476239483316&1

Wife's front stage in her Malibu, T3 6.5" comps.

IMG_2573_zpsnamqdlyc.jpg?1476239472278&1

Her New A-Pillars i will start soon. Focal 100A3

IMG_2585_zpsyuqo4es6.jpg?1476239472278&1

I will be excited to hear the difference.

I like that A pillar pod. That is going to be nice. I want to put my RE audio tweet in the A pillar but I am not sure which way to face it. I guess I need to play with placement a little. I dont like having them in the upper doors like I do now and I think two tweets per side is overkill on the highs right now. All I need is time right now to get working on it.

I would take pics but not much to see yet. I dont want to take a pic of the amp cause it looks like a bad install cause stuff is just lying on the floor under my pass seat.

I am planning on building an amp box with a plexi top and a cooling fan for it soon. I will mount the crossovers to the bottom of the box and run all the wire up through the bottom of the box and make it look nice and clean. I want guys to look at it and ask who did your install for you? lol

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

I like that A pillar pod. Thanks That is going to be nice. I know right, installed right it should sound killer. Right now i have tweeters in the factory location in the A-Pillars now and they sound great in that location. I want to put my RE audio tweet in the A pillar but I am not sure which way to face it. I guess I need to play with placement a little. I dont like having them in the upper doors like I do now and I think two tweets per side is overkill on the highs right now.Ya that might be alot of highs up front. But you could double side tape them all and see how you like it. It would look killer in pods. All I need is time right now to get working on it.

I would take pics but not much to see yet. I dont want to take a pic of the amp cause it looks like a bad install cause stuff is just lying on the floor under my pass seat.

I am planning on building an amp box with a plexi top and a cooling fan for it soon. I will mount the crossovers to the bottom of the box and run all the wire up through the bottom of the box and make it look nice and clean. I want guys to look at it and ask who did your install for you? lol

That sounds like a nice amp box idea! Been toying with redoing my trunk and making a Amp rack and beauty panels to clean up trunk.

• 2 weeks later...

nothing exciting going on right now except buying some new tools. I am getting a Jet 10" table saw tomorrow morning. Found it on CL for a good price. New I found the saw for 1000 and this guy said he would take 375 so I am there first thing in the morning. I just got a new dewalt 1.25 plung and fixed router with a set of straight cut, round over, flush cut and rabbiting bits. I purchased a used off of craigs list a Kreg pocket hole jig for cheap. I am going to first build a box for my 12 inch sub so I can put it in my truck to see what I like better the 8 or the 12. never know until you try. I am kinda hoping I like the 12 and have enough room for it and my amp box in the back of my extracab toyota. I just need one side to be open for a passenger which is behind the pass seat. I will have my sub and amp behind me.

Then I can build a box for my amp, then its on to new door panels for the RE xxx 6.5 set. Oh ya time to zone out on an upgrade build. I know pics or it didn't happen. lol

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

here is a pic of my new to me table saw. Its going to make it so much easier to cut on than the small bench top POS saw I replaced. I leveled the table extensions as best as I could, aligned the motor pulley to the saw pulley and fixed the belt cover. He had the belt rubbing a bit but I fixed it. I then calibrated the fence to the measuring tape on the fence guide. I had to modify the pointer but its dead on now within a 64th or better. All in all a pretty good deal. It goes well with my Jet 14" band saw and my Jet 15" benchtop drill press.

20161023_142400_zpst3rhphom.jpg

20161023_091007_zpsudfpqkof.jpg

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Looks like one nice addition to any collection!

I picked up that ryobi table saw with the built in out feed table and pull out extension for the same price as the cheapy 10". Makes tricky cuts much easier!

Well I built my new work bench so I can now actually have a nice place to do some wood working. The first thing I want to build is a box for my HDC3.1 12" sub. I did plan on selling it but I want to build a box and run it in my truck again just to make sure I want to sell or hang on to it. If I do end up selling it then the box can go with it.

I plan on building it in the middle of SQ specs for the 12" sub. According to Torres the box is 2.36 gross 1.62 net tuned to 34.85hz

It will be 24 tall, 16 wide and 14 deep.

I guess its time to hit the Home Depot for some 3/4 MDF for the build.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Here is a quick box I built today.

The 12 on less power (wired @2ohms) sounds way better than the 8 on more power (wired @1ohm) off the same amp.

20161027_160416_zpshg5gsmgp.jpg

20161029_135922_zpsycaybrdl.jpg

20161029_135934_zpskhqqwc6x.jpg

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Box looks good! Cone area is king. Lol

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived