My small build , "New Focal component set" Pg 89

1 hour ago, oldsoundguy said:

I have had one before but I didn't really have enough experience to use all the features. I just wanted to be loud so I let it go in place of what I have now.

I think I can use and have some understanding of what this HU can do so I am pretty excited to try it out again.

You will love the ability these functions give you to tune your system. I have read or was told you can only tune for so long at a time before listening fatigue sets in and can affect your tuning ability. What i have troubles with is the different music genre's  and how i can get it to sound good with some music and not others but i guess its just the nature of the beast. You just have to find the best middle ground. The 80-PRS does have 2 custom EQ settings, maybe i should have one for more music with lows and the other for more rock. 

Glad you got one, hope everything shows up tomorrow so you will have all weekend to install and play with it.

10 hours ago, oldsoundguy said:

Yes. I cant ever keep a secret. LOL  I bought the 80prs. I was listening to my music on the way home and just want better imaging. I liked the way the TA on the 80prs made the music sound like it was coming from in front of me and not from each side like it does now. It does sound clear and good but damn TA is going to be sweet.

I just got one too. If I knew what I was doing I would have gotten it to begin with instead of the JVC and PPI EQ. Ends up being about the same price and the 80prs has so many features its going to be awesome. Can't wait to put it in.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

I cant wait until tomorrow.... I get my speakers and new HU....

I also found out from my project manager that he is paying me Foreman's wages for the retirement home I am doing. Always nice to get just over 4 bucks more an hour when you are not expecting it. They don't have to pay me but they choose to. Puts a little more pressure on me but I can handle that. Not doing anything different than I usually do.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

HU and speakers came in today. The 80prs is just as sexy as last time lol. I will get that installed later this week.

I went out and took out the CT meso 5.25 from the drivers side and installed the JBL GTO509-C 5.25  It was exact fit as the CT so install was a snap. I hooked it up to the JBL crossover with out the tweeter. I then disconnected the tweet on the pass side so I could hear just the 5.25s

I played different types of music from rap to old school rock. I can tell you that the CT meso sounds better to me. It puts out a lot more mid bass and it sounds cleaner doing so. The JBL is clear and clean but just can not hit the mid bass as well. It started to fatigue my ears a bit. I couldn't imagine it with a tweeter. Anyway I hooked up the JBL 5.25 to the CT meso crossover just to see if it would sound better, different and yes it did but still not better than the CT. So I boxed them back up and filled out an RMA to sonic so I can return the JBL speakers. I may just get another set of CT meso and put them in the kick so I will be using all 4 channels of my amp. Maybe I can play with running them active of the 80prs.

I would really like to compare the CT meso to the RF t252-s .

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

So I was thinking about money, my system and how I have a system but no money. lol 

So if sonic takes the JBL's back I would really really like to try the RFt252-s but they are 349 for a set. Now if I just bought another set of CT meso 5.25s and a set of the Q-logic kick panels I would only have to spend 270 and have two sets of components and kick panels. If I bought the RF's all I would have is a set of RF's and a set of CT meso and no kick panels.

So spend 540 for RF's and kicks or 270 for kicks and CT's

That's an easy one for me. Its crazy how much better the CT meso sound in a properly treated door and how much better they sound than the JBL for half the price. I hope I can get the kicks to sound just as good. Just have to deaden the kicks and put CLF behind the speakers. I can make my own fast rings for them. Well I think I just made up my own mind.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

I gotta hear this thing this summer. I certainly love meeting new people...esp those who take up interests in the same hobbies. And for a return, I'll give you a demo of mine once I get everything done. Deal?!

Just found out I get to work overtime tomorrow. Haven't worked o/t since late last summer. Pretty stoked. I could use the extra $$. Not for audio although I wish....catching up on bills after holidays and such. But I do have some new stuff I ordered this week.

Sonic wont take back the jbl's so I guess I will have to keep them and do something with them. Most likly install in tbe wifes car. 

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

So I looked up the speaker sizes for my wifes 2006 scion xb and the front door speakers are 6.5 and the rear are 5.25

So what I will do is give her my HU, JBL 5.25's and see what I can fit up front. If I can get the RE's to fit that would be awesome bit If the dont fit then I will install the Soundqubed 2 way coax 6.5's and they will just run off the little alpine HU booster amp. No plans for a sub at this point. 

I would.If used the JBL's in my kick but being impatient last night I order another set of CT meso 5.25's. You just cant beat the price. 

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

2 hours ago, oldsoundguy said:

Sonic wont take back the jbl's so I guess I will have to keep them and do something with them. Most likly install in tbe wifes car. 

Dude... that sucks they won't take them back. Sorry feel bad for suggesting them. I am sure your wife needs a system upgrade as mine did! LOL 

They won't take them back because I was honest and told them I installed one speaker. If I would of lied and said I just opened them but didn't install they would have. Its all good. How else am I going to know what they sound like. I'm going to put them in the scion today after work. I have to get adapters for the front unless I can remove the stock speakers without messing them up.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Archived