Second Skin Audio

tuning a sealed box?

Aj11

no my box was decent for a prefab. atrend kandy kolor b box 2.25 gross per sub @ 38hz it was Just time to go because of the third sub. got a deal on the atrend for $160 had for ten.months sold for $100I'm Happy with that.

i was reading that for a 12inch sub to have a flat response at 20hz the box had to be 5cubic feet(i do have the room for that but jeeze!) so i was thinking around 3 would give Me low/mid 30hz area. but if you guys really dont think its possible sealed I'll go vented. i was also thinking about Just going at 3cubic feet each sub see how it sounds if i dont like it port it to the hz i want. does that sound like a good idea or Just build a nice slot vent? fist box build so nothing to crazy! even tho i want a 4th order but have no idea where to begin

For two subs 4 cubic feet net tuned to 32Hz, around 55 square inches of port area will get you all the lows you can't ever have with sealed and increased efficiency, theoretically the same output as 4 subs in sealed but with deeper low end. I guess 800W per sub will be nice power to give.

so I'll do 3 subs at 4 cubic feet then. already got the third sub. plus everyone where i live has 2 12s i hate being like everyone else. i have a Durango so i have all the room in the world

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

no, i just left out the 55 square inches of port area. I'm not going sealed

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

no, i just left out the 55 square inches of port area. I'm not going sealed

For 3 subs it would need to be 6 cubic feet @32Hz about 84 square inches of port area. With odd number of subs you need to pick your amp carefully because you can't wire down to 1 ohm.

there will be 3 amps. 3 jl 500/1 v2s each sub has its own amp. i know i know i should find a amp that can power all 3 but i bought the first 2 amps new for $600+ and the third is only $150 with a free epicenter. i just really don't want to se6ll them I've had them for 4&3years and they've been nothing but great to me. like a faithful dog,sure it smells and hogs the sheets but its always been there and at your lowest moments it just somehow picks you up and puts a smile on you're face. plus i love all the control i have over them,and i just can't justify selling them for $150-200 a pop. I'm not gonna find a amp that can do what they do for 3-400 bucks I'm just not.

i need to.mention again since each sub will have its own amp each sub will have its own chamber! so your saying 6 cubic feet in total(each sub 2cf) because what the other guy said 4 cubic feet 55inches of port i would have made each chamber 4cubic feet!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

there will be 3 amps. 3 jl 500/1 v2s each sub has its own amp. i know i know i should find a amp that can power all 3 but i bought the first 2 amps new for $600+ and the third is only $150 with a free epicenter. i just really don't want to se6ll them I've had them for 4&3years and they've been nothing but great to me. like a faithful dog,sure it smells and hogs the sheets but its always been there and at your lowest moments it just somehow picks you up and puts a smile on you're face. plus i love all the control i have over them,and i just can't justify selling them for $150-200 a pop. I'm not gonna find a amp that can do what they do for 3-400 bucks I'm just not.

i need to.mention again since each sub will have its own amp each sub will have its own chamber! so your saying 6 cubic feet in total(each sub 2cf) because what the other guy said 4 cubic feet 55inches of port i would have made each chamber 4cubic feet!

You're right. You can find an amp that will walk all over all three of them and have change left in your pocket.

And please, don't take this as anything other than good natured ribbing but, you said you didn't want to be like everyone else. You're running JL slash amps with Alpine type R subs bro. Having three of each won't make you not still be running the same mainstream that 90% of people run.

That's like claiming you're eating a different breakfast than me my calling yours "eggs and bacon" and then calling mine "bacon and eggs"... it's the same thing bro. ;-)

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

actually I'm the only one i know running type rs, i work in a warehouse with 400 other guys, 60% of them have systems. and 50% of them have dual 12s. I'm just going off the guys i see on a regular bases. i know i don't have anything special but i love it

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

actually I'm the only one i know running type rs, i work in a warehouse with 400 other guys, 60% of them have systems. and 50% of them have dual 12s. I'm just going off the guys i see on a regular bases. i know i don't have anything special but i love it

That's all that really matters bro. And to be sure, there's nothing wrong with the gear you're running and I hope you didn't take my comments that way.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Archived