Sundown Audio

i've used both the fosgate t1000-bdcp and a older sundown sae-1200. I got the RF for 220 Used and paid roughly the same for the SAE new. The sundown was a great amp, but the RF is better imho. This is doing a straight out swap on a old silver T2 15. The sundown can be had for cheaper new. Buying each new I would probably lean towards the Sundown. They're both good solid amps. As far as subs, I've never used Sundown. .

good to know, thankyou

Jon Funda

Car audio Enthusiast and Still learning

Ragnarok Scenario Player, Youngblood #111

What if i did two Rockford Fosgate T2 15 inch subs, with a sundown audio SAZ - 2500? I think that would be a reasonable set up for my first go. I did my math all wrong when i first posted this, so i did a quick edit. i think this setup would hit pretty hard.

Edited by Jon Tyler

Jon Funda

Car audio Enthusiast and Still learning

Ragnarok Scenario Player, Youngblood #111

To be honest it's going to be impossible to say how hard it will hit. It's going to be dependent on the entire install, type of car, enclosure, etc... Look at how much space you have, figure out what you want to do (spl, sq, geared towards comp or daily). Look at what you want to accomplish and then pick your subs, pick your amp, and have at it. There are a ton of great audio companies out there that work within the power you're wanting to run. Do research, watch vids, and look at builds. Once you figure what equipment you're going to run ask specific questions about your install if you need help. Whenever you ask for comparisons you're going to get people who lean both ways unless it's definitely a shitty company. Are you going to be doing everything yourself?

Edited by Souldrop
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4

Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12

Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1

I think its safe to say the "X" will undoubtedly outperform the "T2".

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

Kenwood KIV-701
Crescendo BC2000D
DC Audio lvl3 w/ lvl4 upgrade, 18''
6ft^3 @ 27hz
MBquart ONX 4.125
(2) PWX 6.5

(2) PWX 8
(2) FT1
300amp Singer with VCM @14.5
Optima YT & D1200
My Build Log
dcsig.jpg

every company has their niche market. hifonics has successfully captured the average ignorant teenage boy.

Dont trip.. Ive never won anything in my life. Spite a 10lb cock and a bucket of balls at birth,......
Yeah.. like i said, nothing in my life. :shrug: meh, im cool with it, fuck it.

The X is more expensive than the T2? Either you're looking in the wrong places for the X or you're getting a steal on a T2...

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4

Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12

Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1

I haven't ran any sundown. Their stuff seams popular here. I do, however, run fosgate amps, and t3 components. The amps were a HUGE upgrade over my JL Audio stuff, and I thought their stuff was great. From what I've seen, fosgate performs a hella lot more than advertised.

What if i did two Rockford Fosgate T2 15 inch subs, with a sundown audio SAZ - 2500? I think that would be a reasonable set up for my first go. I did my math all wrong when i first posted this, so i did a quick edit. i think this setup would hit pretty hard.

RF T2 subs are very good, but imo the sundown x is better. I still run RF amps and they are beasts. I'd go RF amps and sundown subs in you situation .

The cool thing about RF amps is the CP the amp puts out near the same power 1 ohm or 2. I've run RF amps for 20 plus years, well there was a couple

of MTX years the early us ones, but never had one fail.