help with spl 150dbs

My first big build I was going for numbers. And though to myself a good one tone high number box can't sound that bad. It was loud and did hair tricks and was cool. But at the end of the day I figured out I wanted a more musical box that I could enjoy. I put all that work and money into a setup that is now used as a table in my garage lol. I also set lofty goals and was let down by the Results. Not by much but it didn't do what I thought it should. My point is every time I help a friend set up a system and give them advice on this subject is we will shoot for as loud as we can get and make it sound great. And also just enjoy the build process. I love watching it all come together.

IMO building for numbers is pointless, if you don't get the score you wanted you will just be disappointed and then it isn't all that good musically either so at that point you have nothing but a failure if a build. Already if you build a box that sounds great you achieved that much and then the score would just be an additional achievement to be happy about.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I hear yeah and not trying to make a spl deal go down but wanted to see if anyone else did this type of build with a Alpine sub's and see if I can get a better deal to make it spl+SQ when building the box. but I get everyones point. aiming 2 high for so little. :) but again ill find a way. might not be 4 subs again there is a way I can place 10 10s if I wanted to just looking into a way. but power is 1st before going into the sub build.

if im planning to do more then 4000 rms... well then im looking at more battery's on top of what I all ready have. my mind is set on the goal 150. sure it will cost $$$$ but in the end its a goal I like to get.

You can achieve anything you put your mind to bro, but good luck with just the 4 10s hopefully take the criticism in a good way .... but thats not a bad goal for the long run, but definitely look at a good box something like ryan @ ram designs. .. good luck

2003 silverado TEAM DC

Pioneer Avh 5500

4 DC lvl 5 18s

12 crescendo pwx 6.5s

4 crescendo ft1 tweets

6xs d3400s

Singer 400 alt

Skyhigh ofc wires

Skyhigh speaker wires

Smd vm1

2 DC 175.4

DC 10k

bottom-1_zps841868a8.gif

biggains_smd05_01_zpsmzshwldk.jpg

biggains_smd05_02_zpskjra9f1e.jpg

biggains_smd05_03_zpsncvjgng9.jpg

biggains_smd05_04_zpsr7ddubta.jpg

get some sound deadener i suggest alpha damp but it is a bit spendy. you can also look into secondskin that should bring up some numbers

play with port try higher/lower tunning

try more port

try placement of the box

i see alpha damp came down a bit since i last bought it was at $180

$129.98 for 20ft

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

second skin b stock deadener is cheap.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I am doing three xl 15's on a 7.5k and if I get 150.1 I will be happy.

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

dual alts(came off the sky-high gmc and don't know who made them)

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

all being ripped out and being sold

Archived