Jump to content

how do I wire direct leads


Recommended Posts

Posted

:roflmao:

Just reading this thinking the same thing as KyLar.

I guess kudos to the OP for wanting to do it right the first time, but damn, get it done.

Static drops are my bag.

Posted

:roflmao: LOL yall r crazy man... Im new to all of this... I brought home some brass nuts washers and bolts I have soldered all my connections and all thats left is drilling them in the box and tuning the amp. I will send some pics. Yeah I know I was probably going cray on the questions but Its better to do it right the first time then to be coming back asking what to do about blown equipment. :)

Posted

I have finally finished connecting my subs and they are reading 1 ohm on my multimeter. (2 12" SDC 2.5s) I have them running to a AQ1200D amp. Although my amp is on and everything is wired correctly I am getting no sound from subs. The only other thing I could think of was rca or ground wire. I removed the ground and didnt get a spark then realized my car was off and got a spark. I then proceeded to check my rcas with my multimeter. I took music from my laptop and plugged in a good set of RCAs and stuck the other end to my multimeter. I got a bunch of random numbers so I figured It was doin something LOL. I did the same for the ones on my system in the car and it did the same thing only threw a few negative numbers in there. So I guess my question is.... How do I check to see if im getting the best ground that I need? Also How can I test my RCA Cables without pulling em out my car? Thanks guys I really dont want to pay anyone else to fix my system its my first build. THANKS!!!

Posted

What head unit do you have?

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

dual alts(came off the sky-high gmc and don't know who made them)

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

all being ripped out and being sold

Posted

I was just being funny dude, no harm meant. Taking your car to a shop or someone that knew what they were doing would have been the best option for you I believe.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

Go through the settings on the deck and see if you have a menu item named "sub. W"

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

dual alts(came off the sky-high gmc and don't know who made them)

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

all being ripped out and being sold

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2468 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...