OH my truck burnt to ground! :(

Yall please learn from this an keep small fire extinguisher in your ride! I think if i had one i probably could of saved truck

Had one for some time. Sorry about your truck.

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

dang that sucks, guess you will have to scrap that thing to get some money to start a new.

look on the bright side, its a chance to go bigger and badder.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

is that wiring done with electrical tape? looks that way to me at least.. pulling the battery in that case was just preventing the fire from starting. once there is a fire taking the battery out of the equation is pointless. ill he would have risked is electrical shock from wires shorting out and burning like crazy under the dash.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

old friend of mine had his honda dash wiring catch fire. pulled the battery terminal off and saved it. you should have thought quicker man!

this is why i carry tools and fire ready equip. it might not be likely but i wanna be prepared

once something is on fire disconnecting the battery wont help..

in the cases ive had to do it its 90% effective. the other 10% comes from an extinguisher.

im not trying to be a dick. just trying to prevent the next one.

in fact i think he has pics of it.

541365_157205217781582_2034049841_n.jpg

13912_157205257781578_1669405159_n.jpg

533613_157205164448254_1990884941_n.jpg

does that look like electrical tape to anyone else on that wiring? and looks no different then some melted wires ive had to fix before in a car i had. doesnt really look like they burnt just more along the lines of got to hot and started melting the wire casing.

like everyone else said there is a difference between a car with 1 battery and several batteries. also once there is a good blaze going its done for with out the right stuff to put the fire out simple as that. if you can handle being told taking the battery out in op's case would have done nothing then that is your own problem.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Wooooooahhhhh. Holy crap

This probably isn't what you want to hear right now, but I'm glad it's just the truck that went up in smoke and not you. You can always buy another truck. Glad you are alright bro, for real.

Ever figure out what it was? What year was the truck? Start checking around, see if there are any recalls for the truck. Or think and see if you tinkered with anything up there. That might be valuable info to have

no maybe i should just stop coming to smd where the idiots come to play

the thing is you didnt think before posting.. how many batteries did your friend have in the rear?

this truck had a big system that had more batteries.. disconnecting the front battery doesnt stop the short since the back batteries are still connected.. a regular short in a regular car it may work but cars with more batteries and bigger alts makes it more dangerous and harder to control

he had 6 75ah c&d's with no fuses.

anything under the dash gets power from the fuse box. but what do i know

no fuses with 6 batts? sorry but i think your friend is the one that needs to think...

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Archived